• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Snow Storm IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I wanted to know if anybody else heard that IL is supposed to get 18in of snow. I kept hearing rumors about that. At least Peoria,IL is supposed to get 12 to 18. Then I also heard 22. If someone can give a link to confirm that. I have not found anything that says that.

Thank you

QDP2012

After a quick Google search that found predictions of only 1-2 inches and temperatures in the upper teens, I wonder if maybe the "prediction" was more along the lines of "we can expect 18 (degrees) and an inch of snow", instead of "we can expect 18 inches of snow"?

Just a thought,

Intellicast snow prediction

QDP2012

Here, let me Google that for you. <--- Click blue link :)
For some reason, this link didn't completely work on my end. Was this link intended to simply go to LMGTFY, or did it go to a specific prediction for 18 inches of snow? (I tried the same "IL+Weather" search criteria in Google and did not find a particular prediction for 18" of snow. That's why I'm asking.)

Just curious,

WB4CS

For some reason, this link didn't completely work on my end. Was this link intended to simply go to LMGTFY, or did it go to a specific prediction for 18 inches of snow? (I tried the same "IL+Weather" search criteria in Google and did not find a particular prediction for 18" of snow. That's why I'm asking.)

Just curious,
Yes, I was being a smart aleck :)

The subject was weather in IL, and if there would be snow. A quick Google search of "IL Weather" gave me the current weather conditions as well as the forecast for the next few days.

The OP asked about the weather forecast for Peoria, IL. Typing in "Peoria, IL weather" in Google gave me the current weather, forecast, and several websites to choose from that answer the question of how much snow is predicted.

Maybe I should have made the link Let me google that for you instead.

I guess it's a pet peeve of mine. Online social media is great for conversations and learning new things, but I've never understood why if someone can ask Facebook or a forum "anyone know what the weather will be like tomorrow?" why they couldn't just as easily Google/Bing/Yahoo Search "Local Weather" and find out their information that way. You have the whole world at your fingertips if you know how to internet correctly :)

QDP2012

Yes, I was being a smart aleck :)

The subject was weather in IL, and if there would be snow. A quick Google search of "IL Weather" gave me the current weather conditions as well as the forecast for the next few days.

The OP asked about the weather forecast for Peoria, IL. Typing in "Peoria, IL weather" in Google gave me the current weather, forecast, and several websites to choose from that answer the question of how much snow is predicted.

Maybe I should have made the link Let me google that for you instead.

I guess it's a pet peeve of mine. Online social media is great for conversations and learning new things, but I've never understood why if someone can ask Facebook or a forum "anyone know what the weather will be like tomorrow?" why they couldn't just as easily Google/Bing/Yahoo Search "Local Weather" and find out their information that way. You have the whole world at your fingertips if you know how to internet correctly :)
I understand your position completely, and recognized LMGTFY and its purpose. My older browser had a problem with the site, which made me wonder if you actually found an 18" snow prediciton. I interpreted the OP's last sentence as an indication that he already found the same forecast we found, but couldn't find any forecast for 18" of snow and was asking for help on that hunt. Sometimes I misunderstand. In either case, I didn't find 18" snow predictions. I would certainly expect a viable prediction on that scale to make the news in several major news-sources.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.