Software authors - chime in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
c5corvette, A few days ago, I released ProScan version 4.7 that now uses RR Web Service v9 and can access the Nationwide data.

I've updated the spreadsheet above. Does ProScan import and manage location based data (gps)?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've updated the spreadsheet above. Does ProScan import and manage location based data (gps)?

It imports location data to an opened database at the system, group, or site level. I don't know what you mean by "manage location based data".

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
It imports location data to an opened database at the system, group, or site level. I don't know what you mean by "manage location based data".

Yes, exactly. I just downloaded your trail version and its really nice to see a program using v9 and downloading and inheriting GPS data 100% correctly or as expected!

DonS

The WinXX programs (Win96, Win97, Win500) use version 9 of the RRDB.

The process that creates the DB files for GRE's PSR-700, PRO-107, and PSR-800 also uses version 9.

DonS

It would be nice if all the programs did this... but I found one (1) program where an author stated right on the website product page what version of the SOAP Web Service they had upgraded to. Pro96Com stated it was on v7 (not sure if thats still accurate though???)

So, the "one (1) program" was Pro96Com? The WinXX programs indicate version 9 in the release notes on their web pages.

mikey60

For the Record, the release version of Pro96Com does use version 7 at this point. I have a version that uses version 9, but the calls it's making to the RRDB to get the data are really no different between them. It doesn't really need any of the version 8/9 features and added function calls to do what it needs to do...

Mike

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Spreadsheet (earlier in this thread) was updated again.

I had yet to hear back on this post, email or PM from Assaff, but I see he just released Freescan 2.10 which appears to compatiable with version 9 of the SOAP RadioReference.com Web Service.

Again, if the software authors could put the version info of the SOAP RadioReference.com Web Service in your release notes or documentation, users won't have to read all your features and make assumptions.

Thanks,

DonS

The PSR-800, PSR-700, PRO-18, and PRO-107 also support version 9 of the web service, including its nationwide frequencies. This includes both the scanners' firmware and their PC apps. "Nationwide" just appears as another item at the top of the list of states.

If the table in post #17 above is going to include "EZ Scan Digital" (PSR-800), it should probably include the other 3 scanners listed herein, and they should all say "v9".

DonS

RadioShack PRO-107: iScan
RadioShack PRO-18: iScan Digital
GRECOM PSR-700: EZ Scan-SD
GRECOM PSR-800: EZ Scan Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.