Software for MAC/Apple? Uniden 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremytrent

do any of you guys know of a software package that will program the Uniden 396 on an Apple/Mac? I would sure like to find something. The PC I have access to, to do my programming is an older Sony Laptop and I'm not sure how much longer it will be alive. It works fine, actually more than fine but I use a Mac and would like to switch over.

Of all the stuff out there you'd think there was something.

W4TF

i am searching for the same thing, but it looks like i might either buy a cheap pc (prob a old used one at a pawn shop or city surplus...) or load windows on the apple via bootcamp. keep me posted of what u find please

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's been very little development of scanner software for other OSs outside of Windoze. There's been a little here and there in tck/tl, but that's about it. Likely it's due to the fact it's a very narrow and specialized market - not much profit margin in it

73 Mike

pogbobo

Parallels (or vmware fusion) and windows... both worked fine with my usb to serial adapter on my macbook pro :) then you can use whatever windows software you want

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Get yourself a copy of Windows XP and read up on http://www.virtualbox.org/ :wink:

do any of you guys know of a software package that will program the Uniden 396 on an Apple/Mac? I would sure like to find something. The PC I have access to, to do my programming is an older Sony Laptop and I'm not sure how much longer it will be alive. It works fine, actually more than fine but I use a Mac and would like to switch over.

Of all the stuff out there you'd think there was something.

Your whole computer is going crapola or the hard drive...? Just replace the dive. Thing is, the hard drive would proably cost as much as that computer. eBay works wonders sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.