Someone please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin_kcm

I live in Mitchell County they done some kind of mantaince on the viper radios today and now my scanners are not working can someone help me get my Scanners back to working?

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Some more details would be great. Such as are you hearing any agency on VIPER -- Is it just Mitchell county that you can't hear? Is it just a particular site or all of VIPER that isn't working for you? Are you getting the site's control channel? What scanner are you using?

kevin_kcm

I have law, fire and EMS and I am not picking up nothing Mitchell county is talking all the time I had a friend who is a officer tell me they was working on the viper system today but they did not know what they was doing

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Ok well the tower could be down for maintenance. They did that here for a few hours and when the site came back up, it was using a new control channel. Check and see if you can hear a control channel for the VIPER site you are listening to. If not, it may have changed.

I know you said you can’t hear mitchel, but can you hear other agencies on VIPER like SHP? Are other VIPER sites working for you?

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Well if you still don’t have a signal on VIPER, I would scan through the 700 and 800 MHz band and see if the site’s control channel has changed. I’m too far away from you to check myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.