Sound Input Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelaw

I have read the Wiki's, FAQs, and searched the forum but have been unable to find an answer or my problem. I am trying to migrate the scanner softare and feed to a new computer. It is basically identical to the one I am currently running the feed off of.

After loading the software, and attempting to get it up and running I am only allowed to choose Primary Sound Capture Driver (0) from the Sound Input list. I should be able to see SoundMax Digital Audio (1) from this list, as that is what my sound card is on the PC.

With the Primary sound card (0) selected, I don't get any feed and I get an error - The Sound Capture Device is not ready. Is primary Sound capture driver plugged in?

Any help would be appreciated.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
It sounds like when ScannerCast asks Windows for a list of installed sound cards your sound card isn't being included in the list for some reason.

You might try setting up Oddcast/Edcast and see if it can see your sound card.

If your sound card doesn't show up in either one then your sound card may be bad or the audio driver for it may not be working properly.

You can get the Oddcast setup package from http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/1/1a/OddcastSetup.zip, there's a README (by Rich) in the zip file containing setup instructions.

-- Gordon

richtidd

Database Admin
It sounds like when ScannerCast asks Windows for a list of installed sound cards your sound card isn't being included in the list for some reason.

You might try setting up Oddcast/Edcast and see if it can see your sound card.

If your sound card doesn't show up in either one then your sound card may be bad or the audio driver for it may not be working properly.

You can get the Oddcast setup package from http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/1/1a/OddcastSetup.zip, there's a README (by Rich) in the zip file containing setup instructions.

-- Gordon

The other option is RadioFeed: RadioFeed Setup Instructions

Like ScannerCast, this is an auto RR config to your feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.