South Brunswick system future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I know south brunswick in its entirety uses an EDACS system and that their police are patched into a TG on the Middlesex County TRS, I was wondering if this was to test coverage for future use on the system or just so they have access to the County??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
I've heard that they are going to migrate to the County 700 TRS eventually - there some tower location issues that have to be worked out so the coverage meets the specifications that the County and Tactical Public Safety have agreed upon.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I've heard that they are going to migrate to the County 700 TRS eventually - there some tower location issues that have to be worked out so the coverage meets the specifications that the County and Tactical Public Safety have agreed upon.
I've heard the exact same thing, though the plural of anecdote is not evidence. Even with an APX7500, there are some significant reception holes in the township on the county system (though they have markedly improved since its inception). Rightfully so, those should be mitigated prior to any further discussion on migration.

mdsxfire

EDBM
It’s a large town but I’m surprised with them having a county site in town on the water tower on rt. 1 and another to the south east in Monroe that they dont get good coverage, but I guess same issue as south Plainfield where they are kind of in between two sites which gives them some coverage gaps

jlp

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Kendall Park, and with the Remtronix 800mhz duck, I get RSSI of about 75-90, outside on patio being the best.

Also, re SBPD, what does a "Code Z or Code C" mean?

robbinsj2

I'm not in touch with things as I used to be but I heard a target of late 2019 to migrate to the county system.

Also, re SBPD, what does a "Code Z or Code C" mean?
Code Z - cancel backup / no backup needed. Code Y - routine backup requested. Code X - urgent backup required.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I'm not in touch with things as I used to be but I heard a target of late 2019 to migrate to the county system.

Code Z - cancel backup / no backup needed. Code Y - routine backup requested. Code X - urgent backup required.

Really, seems ambitious if they have to add new sites to the system and do the same in south Plainfield,
Do they have to apply for any fcc permits to add new sites even though it’s the same frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.