Southern Berkshires MSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I just recently moved back to the S. Berkshires and I'm trying to figure out what is going on with B1.. What freq. are they operating on and why aren't they on the trunking system yet? Any in-site would be great..
Thanks

ecps92

867.5125 is a Conventional Repeater and depending on where you are, you might not hear it. PS, the CTCSS Reported is suspect, try it with no tone initially then try 156.7 Hz or the 167.9 Hz. Also keep the Low-Band channels in there.

ranchboy said:
867.5125, I'm not hearing anything on this freq.

D

DaveNF2G

867.5125 is the pre-rebanding I-TAC3. It might or might not be on a repeater, but it would not be used for day-to-day operations of any police agency. The I-TAC CTCSS tone is 156.7 Hz nationwide.

Troop B is, in fact, operating on the statewide trunked system, as has already been stated.

800crazy1

i was up in lee about 6 weeks ago and low band ch.. 6 was very heavy with trraffic .... now in spfld ... channel 5 low band seems to be the most operational freq . besides the trunk system .... almost every day on my way home from work i pick up lowband 5 with car to car action in downtown spfld. operations ... not sure ... some times its sounds like tipical car to car stuff ...other times they are running some type of operation ... which i believe to be drag racing events going on off of columbus ave. for low band the signals way to strong for picking up car to car comms ... so i know its downtown spfld.

800crazy1

im not sure if this is a trend .... but the state of ct. has thier I-CALL /I - TAC systim state wide ..... see the ct. forum for details .... i was listening 2 days ago testing though out the state ... see that forum ... it apears to be a state wide system now.

800crazy1

my apoligies ... didnt mean to hijack the topic .....moderators please move to app. spot . thanks ....and sorry.

ecps92

B-1 has also been reported on SP RPT-2 of 868.9500 R 141.3 Hz.

Altho it is prefered to Not use the ITAC's on a day-day basis, it does occur :(

Again, let us know what you hear.

DaveNF2G said:
867.5125 is the pre-rebanding I-TAC3. It might or might not be on a repeater, but it would not be used for day-to-day operations of any police agency. The I-TAC CTCSS tone is 156.7 Hz nationwide.

Troop B is, in fact, operating on the statewide trunked system, as has already been stated.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
After listening to my scanner all day in Great Barrington Ma, the only chatter I heard out of B1 was on 868.9500 pl 141.3? I'm still a little confused, I didn't hear any control channels in the area and nothing on the low band. I'm assuming this will be there temporary dispatch channel for now?

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Its been temporary for the last 10 years or so. Back in Central MA before they built the Trunked System full-time out here, C-5 in Sturbridge used 867.5125 and C-6 Holden used 868.950. Those frequencies are conventional, its just like listening to 153.965 or 154.310, 2 frequencies that every Berkshire person has in their scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.