SpaceX Launch Net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The last time I was over for a launch the UHF repeater was very weak. Is there a reliable repeater over there?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Firebuff880

Didn't / Doesn't the local club have a Mobile (RV) Command Post that they used to setup for Launch events with a net and lots of patches.

Saw it once back in the Shuttle days.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Didn't / Doesn't the local club have a Mobile (RV) Command Post that they used to setup for Launch events with a net and lots of patches.

Saw it once back in the Shuttle days.
You’re talking about LISATS point on the north side of the 528 causeway, Westbound direction. Still actively brought out to every launch

CaptDan

ok a question - and if I'm out of order please just ignore my post - am somewhat new to Fl - on the west coast - where can someone go to to observe a launch ? I'd just like to drive over and park somewhere I could wait and watch the launch. Like I said I am somewhat new to Florida and really do not know the east coast area that well at all, so all information would be appreciated

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
ok a question - and if I'm out of order please just ignore my post - am somewhat new to Fl - on the west coast - where can someone go to to observe a launch ? I'd just like to drive over and park somewhere I could wait and watch the launch. Like I said I am somewhat new to Florida and really do not know the east coast area that well at all, so all information would be appreciated

I always go to Titusville for SpaceX launches and sit on the Brewer Bridge, you can park at a nearby park for free (normally loads of parking). Ive never gone (yet) for another launch, so might be better places for other launches. Excellent view of launch, and good view of landings (RTLS).

Status
Not open for further replies.