"Spacing" Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry if this question seems stupid but i need to know how far some channels are spread apart i know 460.55 (141.3 QT) is "Channel 4" So what would the others channels downward be .15 off? I'm pretty sure we are narrow banding if that matters. Also would QT or CTCSS change with each channel? Thanks for your help!

captclint

Mentor
Ok, sorry if this question seems stupid but i need to know how far some channels are spread apart i know 460.55 (141.3 QT) is "Channel 4" So what would the others channels downward be .15 off? I'm pretty sure we are narrow banding if that matters. Also would QT or CTCSS change with each channel? Thanks for your help!
Welcome to RR. If you are trying to figure out where other channels in a public safety system or other system are located, it will have nothing to do with spacing. Narrow band spacing simply means that if someone wanted to have a new frequency, they could now have one closer to others than before. All existing channels will have to be "changed" to take up less space than before, but that does not mean they have to change the actual frequency they have been using. And no, the QT or CTCSS does not have to change, and most likely would not.

If you are trying to find channels in an existing system, let us know your state, county, and the agency you are trying to figure out, and maybe we can help. If that is not the reason for asking, please explain in more detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.