TRX-1: Spectrum Sweeper / Searches via Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwc

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. My TRX-1 should be arriving this week and I'm already configuring the software so I can have it programmed and up and running as soon as it arrives.

I have a question. I don't see in the software where I can program "Searches" and "Spectrum Sweeper" as objects and set them to record. Can someone point me in the right direction? Don's WIN500 had a section where you could set these up but I can't find it in Whistler's software for the TRX-1.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

- ZWC

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You have to setup the search parameters from the unit.

However, in EZ Scan, you do tell it to record the searches.

In the top top row of pulldown lists, go to "Advanced" and make sure "Show Advanced Tab" is enabled. Then go to the "Advanced Features" tab. In the middle column half way down you will see "Recording Options:". Make sure both "Global Enable:" and "Search Record:" are set to "Enabled".

Reference this manual to learn about configuring the searches from your radio: Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

zwc

Premium Subscriber
Excellent AggieCon. I'll stop going through the software looking to setup my search lists.

Yes, I enabled both "Global Enable" and "Search Record".

I wonder why this isn't available to configure via the software.

Regardless, I guess I'll have to wait until the scanner arrives to get that bit of database configuration done.

Thanks!

- ZWC

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You are welcome.

I guess it's because the software is "EZ Scan"??? Perhaps they need an "EZ Search" too?

It is not like in Sentinel where you can preconfigure the searches and set quick key search favorites, etc.

zwc

Premium Subscriber
I guess it's because the software is "EZ Scan"??? Perhaps they need an "EZ Search" too?

Good one.

I used Don's Win500 to program the searches for my PSR 500 and 600 and expected the Whistler TRX-1 software would provide for the same functionality. No biggie I hope!

-ZWC

Status
Not open for further replies.