• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SPFR 564 and 566 (st petersburg fire rescue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up 564 and 566 this evening on Site 4. Was wondering if they had an official channel name and if they were simulcast on other sites.
560 - engine switching to high priority
564 - calls to engine 8 about duke energy and power outages for 30,000 in the city.
566 - dispatch to engine 6 with no response

Last edited:

ngel

SPFD

you might have come across the channels that St Pete FD had on the old system , they referenced them 2A, 2B etc.. .They are similar to the Low Priority Channels, only for ST pete though.

Dad, I heard these on site 5 as well.

ngel, I was confused when I heard 566 ID'd as LP-D, because I thought it was possibly LP-P, just running out the LP series, but your explanation makes sense. I forgot about SPFR's LP talkgroups.

Pinellas was on condition 4 or 5 last night, which basically means certain low-priority 9-1-1 calls (storm damage, trees down) don't get dispatched. Instead, a page and printout are sent to the FDs and they dispatch themselves but stay in available status for other higher priority calls. They will often chat on their low-priorty (LP) channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.