• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Split Band/UHF That Does LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I just bought a Kenwood 2312 earlier this year for the county.. Apparently we're are in the process of changing to UHF, City to UHF LTR, Hospital to UHF LTR, and Sheriff's Department to UHF Conventional along with the Road Dept (Storm Chasing Frequency) and all the Fire Departments still on VHF High Band.. I'm either going to have to get a Split Band Handheld that does VHF and UHF with LTR Trunking or a UHF that does LTR...I'm looking for suggestions to what one to get, I have the Kenwood TK 3312 in mind since I already have the 2312 VHF. But I'm looking for some Kenwood Model that does all, Preferbly a Split Band. Can anyone recommend a good split band VHF/UHF that will also do LTR Trunking? If There isn't one, How about just a UHF that does LTR.. I've did some research but I can't decide which one I want to get, Wondered if anyone had any suggestions from experience, etc.

Av8tor56

TK-3180, TK-3140, and the TK-3173 will all do both conventional and trunking. The 3180 is the best one of the bunch. The latest ones are also capable of MDC ID if that's a requirement. Cost wise, I think the 3173 is the least expensive. It's also a very good trunking radio. We have sold quite a few to a company a couple of years ago and have seen only one come in for repair (dropping a radio 50 feet doesn't encourage great performance). I guess it's all about what features you're really wanting.

btritch

I was kind of looking for something Split Band, But the 3180 is what I may end up with. All of our Fire Depts are on VHF but the Sheriff's Office and PD are switching soon and the EMS has already swapped. I'm going to see for sure if it's analog and make sure it's not digital before I buy anything, But it looks like that's the one I'll be a getting.... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.