Spokane SRECS info

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwb212001

Greetings!

Does anyone have any info they want to share about the up and coming SRECS system in Spokane? Above and beyond what is available in the edited database? Spokane Regional Emergency Communications System Trunking System, Spokane, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

There used to be control frequencies listed... but those originals were de-listed and haven't been getting me anywhere anymore. I've tried a majority of the freqs listed on the licenses but still no luck. I noticed some of the freqs on the applications were waiting on rebanding efforts from Sprint/Nextel.

For a little while there was a list of talkgroups, or proposed talkgroups, but that has since been pulled. I should have printed it out but I didn't. I'd love to get my hands on it if you saved it or printed it.

I know vehicle installs are underway. I was told LE has been underway for a while and FD started a little while ago. This makes me think things are getting close to cutover.

Any thoughts, any info?

Thanks!

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The system will not be turned on
until August or September this year if everything stays on schedule.

kd7kdc

Banned
The talkgroups that showed up for the system were not entered by me and I confirmed with my system tech contact that they were fake.

kd7kdc

Banned
The cutover time has been changed again. The new date according to a SRECS official is December 15, again that's just for Law units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd7kdc

Banned
The system cutover date is now being pushed back to the first week in February 2014.

shanny19

Reception report and a question...., first as to reception, Friday night in downtown CDA the test talkgroup was BOOMING and CRYSTAL clear from the Simulcast site. Better audio than anything I've ever heard on ICAWIN on a Uniden 396. I also had a few bars on the Mt. Spokane site, but no reception.

Question for kd7kdc or others in the know, are there plans to leave any legacy Spokane Co. VHF law or fire repeaters up as "gateways"?? (For example, when Kootenai Co moved to ICAWIN, they left four VHF/UHF repeaters up as gateways to the digital system. I forget the other two, but one of them is the old Worley Fire 154.355 is gated with TG28104 Fire Ops 4, and one of them is a KCSO UHF repeater in the SE part of the county)

kd7kdc

Banned
I'm not sure exactly how far they plan to go with "ports" but sheriff 1 valley and sheriff 2 north will be linked to 800 as mutual aid channels as well as 2 other repeaters from what I understand.
I am not sure if they will be fixed to one dispatch channel or dispatcher switchable from the console.
Motorola and the SRECS radio shop will start rearranging the VHF and UHF channels once the users ie law and fire have comfortably transferred to the 800 digital side.

I would expect sometime around April or may for a reconfigure time. Spokane county's narrowband waiver to temporarily continue running regular FM is up June 30th.

kd7kdc

Banned
apy3e7et.jpg

Still no cutover yet. The techs are still busy programming mobiles and portables for all law users.

kd7kdc

Banned
Cutover has started now this morning with Spokane PD

kd7kdc

Banned
Fire users are cutting over to 800 today.

kd7kdc

Banned
Spokane County Jail has cutover to the 800 digital side this morning and they are fully encrypted.
Geiger corrections facility finished their cutover during the fire service cutover Feb 3 2015. Geiger is fully encrypted as well.

So much for transparency.

Last edited:

kd7kdc

Banned
Spokane County's narrowbanding waiver ends in a couple days on the 31 of March 2015.

kd7kdc

Banned
AMR is already on the system. They didn't want to pay the airtime fee for using it as a dispatch channel so that's why they are still on VHF

kd7kdc

Banned
I have not heard anything about the HEARS or WHEERS being patched onto the system at this time. SRECS dose have that capability currently.

kd7kdc

Banned
More than likely HEAR will be fully encrypted anyway since patient medical info goes over that channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.