Spotsylvania FD/EMS

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was super shocked this morning when I noticed that the audio on 156.195 simulcast is now their new Digital Dispatch!! The old simulcast audio made me cringe frequently!

Thanks to W1ZFB!

fredva

Feed Provider
I think they are changing their talkgroup lineup somewhat with the synthesized voice now dispatching on 6001. I just heard units marking up responding to an an accident on 6002, and the live dispatcher gave them a separate "Incident" channel. More monitoring is required to confirm what is going on, but 6001 might now be automated dispatch only, 6002 might be a "Response" channel, and other talkgroups used as fireground channels will apparently be referred to as "Incident 1", "Incident 2", etc. in the future.

fredva

Feed Provider
OK, 6002 is now called "Spotsy 1". Just heard a dispatcher chase an ambulance crew member off of 6001 and over to "Spotsy 1" to report staffing for the evening. They are in an adjustment period.

fredva

Feed Provider
So the system frequencies are unchanged? Still trying to sort this out myself.
The frequencies of the trunked system remain the same. At least some of the old talkgroups (aka "channels") are being reused and renamed under the new lineup. Talkgroup ID 6001 had been the old Dispatch and it remains Dispatch but it is limited to only the automated voice dispatch. 6002 had been the fireground channel called "Channel 2" now it is "Spotsy 1". I suspect the other fireground talkgroups 6003, 6004, 6005, etc. are now Incident channels or Command channels but that is TBD.

Talkgroup ids are needed to program a scanner to listen to desired channels.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK, 6002 is now called "Spotsy 1". Just heard a dispatcher chase an ambulance crew member off of 6001 and over to "Spotsy 1" to report staffing for the evening. They are in an adjustment period.

Mike, they must be going to TG like Fredericksburg did....

fredva

Feed Provider
Mike, they must be going to TG like Fredericksburg did....
Not sure exactly what you mean, but for now, the analog frequency is only going to have the automated voice dispatch on it. So it will carry less detailed info than in the past. For example, you'll hear that there is a structure fire at a specific location, but the additional info about whether it is a chimney fire or a fully involved house fire will no longer come across 156.195.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Fredericksburg uses Fred 1 and 2 as well as Fire 1 and 2. If I am understanding Spotsylvania will use Spotsy 1 and 2. With Tac, etc.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Not sure exactly what you mean, but for now, the analog frequency is only going to have the automated voice dispatch on it. So it will carry less detailed info than in the past. For example, you'll hear that there is a structure fire at a specific location, but the additional info about whether it is a chimney fire or a fully involved house fire will no longer come across 156.195.
Ok. I had not heard the old vhf channel in use any longer. I reported it as abandoned

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fredva

Feed Provider
Ok. I had not heard the old vhf channel in use any longer. I reported it as abandoned

I believe you are correct. Apparently I was hearing dispatches on 156.195 right before they stopped using it. Since turning off analog wouldn't have been the most pressing thing they were doing, it probably lingered for a little while as they implemented the other changes. I'm only hearing the dispatches on TG 6001 now.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
My 996p2, which I use downstairs, is not liking their new setup at all. For some reason it is ignoring everything but the school buses on Spotsy now... It is using the latest firmware and has DMR upgrade.. My 536 is working AOK...