Spotsylvania Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I did a little research and found out that in 2009 the county consolidated the Public Works (formerly known as General Services) and the Utilities Department.. When I worked there they were separate agencies and Public Works was a division of General Services I believe. So I guess the talkgroups I am looking for are in the 7000 series.

Utilities/Public Works Divisions
Department Summary

The Utilities/Public Works Department is a self-supporting enterprise fund, meaning the financial requirements of the department are met through user fees, connection fees, payments from outside entities and other self-generated revenues, rather than local tax revenue. On January 27, 2009, the Board of Supervisors approved the reorganization of several General Services divisions. Refuse Collection, Refuse Disposal, Recycling/Litter Control, Composting and Facilities Management now fall under the supervision of the Utilities Director. Funding for these functions remains in the General Fund (except for Composting, which has always been funded by the Utilities Fund). The department operates nine separate divisions to accommodate the water, sewer and solid waste needs of the County. Each division is under the direction of a Division Director.

Administration
Capital Construction
Engineering and Construction
Facilities Management
Field Services
Laboratory Services
Solid Waste
Wastewater Treatment
Water Quality and Production

Status
Not open for further replies.