Spotter Roll Call!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4AQX

Premium Subscriber
National Weather Service Certified Advanced-Level Severe Storm Spotter since August 1996, member of ALERT (Alabama Emergency Response Team), which is a group of Amateur Radio Operators responsible for operating a Ham Radio Station at the NWS office in Calera, AL. We are called to duty when severe weather is expected and watches are issued anywhere in the forecast area for which NWS Calera (BMX) is responsible.

CopperheadCSA

Spotting the High Plains

Todd Stewart, High Plains SkyWarn. Certified Basic and Advanced for 9 years in the NE Colorado/Nebraska Panhandle area.

K2NEC

David, Spotter in Northern NJ since 2017. I have made a handful or reports already.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
In Canada it's Canwarn.. But it's the same thing.. We're trained by government meteorologists. Our local club runs a session for volunteers every spring.

I've been a spotter for 8 years. I managed to spot dual funnels a few years back. They never developed into anything.

Attachments

• funnels.jpg
    funnels.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Can't believe this thread has been up since 2006 and I'm just now noticing it..... Oh, well.

N8VEI here, south central lower Michigan.
At the risk of dating myself, back before the NWS came around to each county to teach the class, it was up to each county's Emergency Manager to train their own storm spotters. The first time I took the class was back then, and when I became the city's Assistant Emergency Services Coordinator, I found myself conducting the training. It is what motivated me to get my ham license.

wa3toy

Spotter Roll Call

WA3TOY (Kurt Fritsch) Spotter ID AAE14.
I am the Skywarn Coordinator for Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.