Springfield/Greene County codes (mainly LE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

telxonmaster

Ok, this needs to be on here, so here it is.

From listening, this is what I've uncovered, as well as info given to me by officers during a ride along.

code 1 is a routine backup
code 2 is expedited backup
code 3 is an emergency response, whereas "going code" is lights and siren (used by fire too)
code 4 is cancel (used by fire too)

Used by Le only:
Code 13 is warrants or wanted
code 12 is asking if the officer is near anyone who shouldn't hear the radio traffic, or out with a civilian in general

Priority numbers vary based on the incident, I was told the lowest priority is around 13, and the highest, is 1. So a bank robbery would be a code 1, and a complaint about a barking dog would likely be a 10 or 12.

and then there are the "indicators, or "caution indicators" which range from 1-3 and are for suspects that are known to be armed, suspects known to be agressive, and known to be hostile to LEO's. I forget which is which, but a search for the "Missouri Charge Code Manual" will tell you

Then there are the ones I still need help with, like officers with "Adam" and "frank in their ID numbers. I've heard them say, for example: "this is 313, I'll be 3 Frank 13 now". I was told by an officer the numbers themselves represent the area the officer is assigned to patrol, and not a unit ID or badge number, but forgot to ask about the Adam and Frank designators, it may be for an officer with a partner or a K9 maybe, but I don't know.

frazpo

Then there are the ones I still need help with, like officers with "Adam" and "frank in their ID numbers. I've heard them say, for example: "this is 313, I'll be 3 Frank 13 now". I was told by an officer the numbers themselves represent the area the officer is assigned to patrol, and not a unit ID or badge number, but forgot to ask about the Adam and Frank designators, it may be for an officer with a partner or a K9 maybe, but I don't know.

I have wondered that also. I am assuming these are possibly an Officer in training maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.