SRRCS and the PRO-197 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta201308

I am having trouble with the Sac Regional Radio Communications System (P25 Phase I). I have all the correct trunked system frequencies programmed, along with the talkgroups. However, I am not picking up anything it seems like. I can occasionally hear SSD, but not any of the other 10 talkgroups I have programmed. My scanner is up to date firmware wise, shows that it has good radio reception, I use Win500 to help with the programming, but I can not diagnose the issue.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Don't live in the area so I can't give you much feedback, but the database notes that agencies are transitioning to the system and according to the http://forums.radioreference.com/sacramento-valley-area-discussion/272337-sacramento-p25-system.html forum topic located in the Sacramento Valley Area Discussion, under the California Radio Discussion Forum. This likely means that most of the public safety traffic is still on the Motorola Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS) Trunking System while they are still transitioning.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I montor both "sites" of the Motorola system (constantly). I also have a scanner monitoring the P25 system via UniTrunker. It does not show much traffic.

ta201308

Don't live in the area so I can't give you much feedback, but the database notes that agencies are transitioning to the system and according to the http://forums.radioreference.com/sacramento-valley-area-discussion/272337-sacramento-p25-system.html forum topic located in the Sacramento Valley Area Discussion, under the California Radio Discussion Forum. This likely means that most of the public safety traffic is still on the Motorola Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS) Trunking System while they are still transitioning.

That's what I first thought of but I kept hearing that rebanding was complete. I'll play around with the 800/900 system and see what I can find.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
That's what I first thought of but I kept hearing that rebanding was complete. I'll play around with the 800/900 system and see what I can find.

Rebanding is unrelated to switching to P25, it merely has something to do with a nationwide shifting band of frequency that can be used for communications. You will need to use custom Trunking Tables for your scanner for a MOT 800/900 system if you are not importing from the database. In Win500, there should be an option for a Trunked System to select a 800 MHz "Rebanded" Table located after the Trunking Tables button. This should handle the changes with rebanding for a Motorola system. The custom Trunking Tables are not necessary for a P25 systems.

ta201308

Rebanding is unrelated to switching to P25, it merely has something to do with a nationwide shifting band of frequency that can be used for communications. You will need to use custom Trunking Tables for your scanner for a MOT 800/900 system if you are not importing from the database. In Win500, there should be an option for a Trunked System to select a 800 MHz "Rebanded" Table located after the Trunking Tables button. This should handle the changes with rebanding for a Motorola system. The custom Trunking Tables are not necessary for a P25 systems.

This helped a lot. I switched back to MOT 800/900 system and I'm picking up a lot more talk. However, some of the talkgroups I have programmed are being picked up, but all I can hear is dead air. I also will pick up talkgroups but will quickly lose them after a few words are said. I think there are some "bad" system frequencies that I will have to throw out. I'll continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.