• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SSB handie for 11M??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
None that I'm aware of.

None currently that I'm aware of. The ones that were have long since been discontinued. If you can find any today, they're usally beat up pretty bad and demanding insane prices for no good reason. If you want a decent SSB CB buy a new mobile, and if you need portability convert it in a camera bag with a gel-cell you'll be much happier!

Last edited:

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I have one of those Cherokee CB radios in a box it the garage. Doesn’t work. Enjoyed it. Worked really well. Wish I could get it fixed.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I had two of these that I bought from a friend that ran a professional radio shop. The first one never worked, and the second when trying to talk to another ham less than one mile across almost clear land couldn't make it. 10 meters is very condition controlled, but is fun when you can reach Germany with ten watts or less.

RFI-EMI-GUY

There was one made in Japan way back in the 70's. I recall seeing one for sale at an obscure electronics surplus place in Illinois called Microy Electronics. They were asking a lot of money, like $400 back then.

EddieHusak

Very interesting. I always wondered if anybody made such a devil. In the rare instance that I can run across one or two for a good price (yeah, right!), I'll have to jump on them.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
None that I'm aware of.
If you want a decent SSB CB buy a new mobile, and if you need portability convert it in a camera bag with a gel-cell you'll be much happier!

Portability could be enhanced if you use a model that has a Bluetooth capability.

Sent using Tapatalk

radact

This question comes up every now and then. Once back in 2012 and again in 2017. Here is what I posted in 2017.

Here are some units that have AM/SSB capabilities. They're all pretty
much the same radio just different name.

I personally have the Titan RPSY and love it.

Albrecht AE201S

Cherokee AH-100

Dragon SS201

Eagle Spitfire 454

Titan Roadpro RPSY-201

Here is a link to a site with info on these radios.

Picture and Specifications of the Titan Roadpro RPSY-201 Handheld Export Radio

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
The battery pack died on mine. Bought the cigarette lighter plug in for it and worked fantastic. I lost that in a move. Am guessing it still works which is why I never trashed it. Hoping to find it for my truck.

EddieHusak

Bearcatrp... I know there is a place not far from me that restores rechargeable battery packs of all kinds. I'm sure that there is probably a business of that type in your area. I am going to have them re-cell a couple of old Sears drill battery packs they no longer make. I believe they can also design and build custom battery packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.