SSD District Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjones94

I was checking SSD's online crime mapping program, and I entered my address (My general area is Elk-Grove Florin Road & Calvine Road), and the district coming up is 6, when it used to say district 7. Has the department changed its districts? Or is this just an error in the program?

Sac916

They changed it --- which has been done a few times over the last decade --- It's all about stats, manpower and response times. There are a few other spots in the county that bounce back/forth too.

Sac916

Yes - Only District 5 (RCPD) and District 7 (East Division) are on channel 4

Sac916

Alright. One last question. Does this mean there are less patrol units in the area since they changed to district 6?

No - But keep this in mind - and this applies to the vast majority of law enforcement - The cops hang out in the high crime areas (either pro-active or reactive enforcement) - You'll see fewer cops in the quieter (nicer) areas --- The issues with EGF and Calvine is not manpower but the response times - Look at the maps - Pick one point at the far north and the far south, imagine driving that route during rush hour. Not fun.

mcjones94

No - But keep this in mind - and this applies to the vast majority of law enforcement - The cops hang out in the high crime areas (either pro-active or reactive enforcement) - You'll see fewer cops in the quieter (nicer) areas --- The issues with EGF and Calvine is not manpower but the response times - Look at the maps - Pick one point at the far north and the far south, imagine driving that route during rush hour. Not fun.

That's true. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.