St. George's, NL P25 system information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androx

The Scanner was silent overnight in that mode. No chatter at all. I changed over to the old way this morning and I heard chatter a few times. I will go back to the "scanning" for the day and see if anything works. Thanks

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I wish I had anything further to add, but I'm at the end of my rope here. If everything is set up as per the instructions, it should be working. I don't think anything I do further would be of any help. Maybe somebody local (or at least less distant) like jlo will be able to help as he stated above.

Best of luck and hope things work out!

P

primehifi

The annoying thing about troubleshooting RCMP in NL is how inactive they are. You could literally make a change, go for three hours without a blip and not know if you made a mistake or if all their comms are going through cell phone.

Given how infrequent their usage of the radios are it's a wonder they even bothered replacing the system.

end rant.

Androx

Jay911. You certainly did much more than your share to help out. I am forever grateful no matter the outcome. Hopefully jlo will be swinging by my stompin' grounds soon.

I can always default back to monitor and chasing them anyways. At least i can hear them...

karldotcom

I just saw this thread....where did this base freq come from? Is this the standard base for VHF? or VHF in Canada?

Press menu to go to scan option
Select TRUNK then E (enter)
TRUNK TYPE (select ON)
Select TYPE2/P25 VHF then E
Select BASE CONF ( press in 150.8) then E
Enter space frequency (5) then E
Offset channel ( 0 ) When I press "0" I get "ERROR"

Androx

Best I can explain is the scanner selects the base freq automatically as it is a vhf frequency. I must agree that a lot of this scanner language is foreign to me. Scanners should not be that difficult to program. I am still at an impass.... Turns out the scanner was scanning two bogus frequencies. Once I reverted back to the old program, the scanner was busy with chatter again. I am pretty much convinced that I need to program the scanner thru proscan or something. That will be a feat within itself.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Karldotcom: The base frequency is provided by the P25 control channel automatically. Most modern scanners and all P25 compliant radios will make use of it. There's no "standard" per se - when a P25 system is being built out, the frequencies being used will dictate how the base, step, and any offset are established.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Jay, Google P25 control channel and take a look at implicit and explicit mode of operation.

Metrolinx ran their system in implicit mode for a while where the bandplan information wasn't transmitted over the control channel.

Everybody's scanners went quiet for a while until the bandplans were manually input.

karldotcom

Can you try this base setting in your scanner...

160.00000 base
380 offset
50.00000 space

and when you turn the scanner on and off, when it locked on the control channel, press SEARCH and see if it switches to the other channel when active....

Status
Not open for further replies.