St.Johns P25 and GRE-800 Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsrock

Okay I did not know where to post this because, I did not want the RRPD coming after me for posting in GRE form to. So, this is my problem, I have a PSR 800 and I am trying to listen to St.Johns FL Fire/Rescue Before they went to the new system I could hear them with no problem ; now I hear nothing. I will now add somethings to give you a better idea:

Scanner- GRE PSR-800
Location" Jacksonville FL
Miles: 12 miles from county line
Antenna: up in attic

I have updated the data base for new freq but, I am not hearing anything. Can you give me any ideas?
Thanks
Ron Fone (KG4NKI)

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ron,

Hope all is well in JAX. I moved to Tallahassee, for work, and cannot help you directly.

One suggestion: make a separate Scan List and put in all of the trunked system's frequencies as conventional channels. Then scan just that Scan List - nothing else. They may have changed the control channel, you may have some interference from something else, etc. That will confirm which channels are active (today, right then) as control channels and will confirm that you can hear the system.

Additionally, you could modify the Trunked System and edit it and add all of the known voice and control channels.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I was visiting back home in Oct/Nov I brought my psr-800 and I couldn't pick up anything by the airport (Eagle Creek) area). I had 1 system set all freq's in even with the 2 control channels. It had a problem keeping one CC locked in. So when I got back home I made 2 files. One for Control Channel and another file for the other Control Channel. For each file I took one CC out and had the rest of the Freq's in and did the same with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.