St. Louis County - Ely area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmork

Looking to purchase a scanner for dad for Christmas.

So far from what I have seen the ARMER system is used for the sheriff's office & highway patrol. What about Ely police & fire? I see there is a Ely fire admin talkgroup but what about dispatch or paging for Ely fire?

Also the forest service frequencies would be helpful if anyone has them?

Thanks

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
The Ely Sea Plane Base is a private airfield, the assigned Aircraft frequencies are the following. I am not sure about any local USFWS channels in the area, they do have on talkgroup listed on ARMER. I am sure they still have VHF assets in the area, last time I was up there they still had VHF antennas on vehicles.

AWOS-3 132.025
Ely VOR 109.60

I have heard that federal agency directives have been to use local trunking systems when possible over agency systems to ensure operational interoperability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I saw a document the state has earlier this year that lists fire aviation frequencies for different parts of the state. I don't remember exactly where that was, but you can probably find it with a little googling.

K0EKL

Ely PD and FD and all the other communities in the area, (Babbitt, Tower/Soudan/Britung, Hoyt Lakes, Gilbert, Biwabik) as well as various townships are dispatched by St. Louis County and utilize the 800 MHz trunked digital ARMER system. Ely PD squad numbers are 323, 324, and 326. Ely PD, like others, uses an encrypted talkgroup for sensitive communications.

MNDOT and the MN State Patrol are also on ARMER.

The US Forest Service uses a network of analog FM repeaters and the frequencies can be found in the link shared above.

Finally, you can listen on line to all of the above here: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12876

Gmork

K0EKL, thank you for the more detailed explanation. I have been visiting for years & always curious of this. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.