St. Thomas Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sounds like they aren't happy with the encryption. Spectrum is doing testing on Slot 1 right now in the clear, to which Dispatch says sounds MUCH better. Strange... I've never had any issues using privacy on my radios. We use basic privacy on our work radios and I can't hear any difference between clear and encrypted.

sirsmiley

I would guess they are using enhanced privacy not basic..enhanced comes free with a TRBO radio I believe. basic is one key per radio and is 8 bit...enhanced is per radio channel 40 bit..much more difficult..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Nope.... They are (were) using basic. Sounds like radios are being reprogrammed right now and it's being turned off.

nextel

So if I get the new uniden I will be about to get both St t and aylmer am I right as long as it not encrypted

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk

Muxlow

Super Secret
With the uniden you have to pay 50-100 ontop of what the scanner will cost you for the DMR update.. Whistler its free and from what iv herd myself the audio sounds better via the whistler radio then the unidens

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
St thomas police

Hello I have uniden bcd436hp with the the new key you can buy through uniden you can listen to St thomas police fire anything it upgrade it to the dmr turbo motoral digital amd other ones as well I have been listening to St thomas police today and fire as well it's currently only the flag ship models from uniden that can pick it up the bcd436hp as well as the BCD536hp witch is the base model old anlog scanners are useless now for anything

nextel

With the uniden you have to pay 50-100 ontop of what the scanner will cost you for the DMR update.. Whistler its free and from what iv herd myself the audio sounds better via the whistler radio then the unidens
Thanks i will keep that in mind

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Dumb question but I've had 2.7 hour sleep and been on the road for 18 hours doing tornado things and too tired to search this one up, when you program a conventional TRBO channel into the scanner that has one or two talkgroups and time slots do you used the one frequency TRBO trunk setting or?.

I've got trunking nailed down perfectly and it was great in Essex county but I haven't finalized how I will program in the conventional stuff yet. Thanks , St Thomas fire is also TRBO but I didn't have them in the radio properly for the flight back.

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
Does your scanner support dmr cause currently only 3 scanners on the market that can support dmr watch St thomas police witch all Elgin county fire runs on dmr Whistler makes a scanner that supports it's as well as uniden

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
I have the uniden bcd436hp Handheld and dmr sounds loud and clear on it no problems

SCPD

QRT
Does your scanner support dmr cause currently only 3 scanners on the market that can support dmr watch St thomas police witch all Elgin county fire runs on dmr Whistler makes a scanner that supports it's as well as uniden

Yes it does, I have the 536 and the DMR upgrade and latest firmware, trbo trunking is working perfect, just trying to figure out best practices for conventional stuff like St Thomas and a few others that I want to through in there for north of Toronto, some fire departments and works. Some have two timeslots and two talkgroups in use. I assume one frequency trunk is the tab I am looking to select.

papa_p

Create the new system as DMR One Frequency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
Yeah your looking for that but I have 436hp ad it automatically detects and tells me. When there on slot 1 or 2 and colour and group as well soon as it picks up the transmission

hounddog1956

ok, now really upset, took at drive across town( st thomas), fire trucks running around and then 4 crusiers and a ambulance at location and drives me nuts whats happening, well maybe get lucky and st thomas might not use the encryption, then just have to get a dmr radio

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
Ops 2 slot 2 no longer in encrypted nither ops has encryption now they have been testing back on ops two with out no encryption they pulled the encryption all together

Jman1987

Premium Subscriber
ok, now really upset, took at drive across town( st thomas), fire trucks running around and then 4 crusiers and a ambulance at location and drives me nuts whats happening, well maybe get lucky and st thomas might not use the encryption, then just have to get a dmr radio
all you need is the dmr and you can hear fire police no problem uniden bcd436hp and the bcd536hp dmr upgrade can be bought for them theres no encryption on here ops 1 or 2 they pulled the encryption all together

Status
Not open for further replies.