Stadium Medical radio system/dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what kind of radio system(s) stadium medical uses? Also, do they even have their own "dispatcher"? At a recent event in Boulder I did see stadium busses using Portable radios, but I couldn't definitely pick up their traffic. (They might have been on Red-1 or the CU PD Event Channel, not sure). Last night I'm pretty sure I heard stadium units being dispatched on Green 2 by the Denver PSAP, and it sounded like some of their busses didn't have access to NWF Green channels.

Stadium Medical has a single FCC license for three conventional frequencies (WQJP390). The license is only for "Mobile" units with 4 Watts maximum output, but no fixed tower sites. So, it appears they could only use these frequencies for simplex communications.

A RR post from 2010 indicated that Stadium Medical might use a shared business trunked system with Capital City Ambulance. However, I couldn't find anything in ULS owned by Capital City. Moreover the forum archives suggest that nobody ever found a single frequency for Capital City Ambulance, let alone a trunked system...

jfab

When stadium medical works events in Boulder, they lock their radios on boulder fire 1. I assume it's the same in other areas.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Steve2003

I heard them on New Years using Green-2 in Denver. I believe they are an associate member on DTRS (having only access to only to mutual aid & other agencies talkgroups).

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what channel Mile High Ambulance is on? I see there ambulances all around town.

Welcome! | Mile High Ambulance, LLC

Now that you mention it, I recently started tracking an unknown ambulance company on this LTR System: Rocky Mountain Communication Trunking System, Conifer, Colorado - Scanner Frequencies, on TGID 0-01-010. I haven't made a db update yet because I don't know for certain who the ambulance company is, and also because the system has two missing LCN's which I haven't found yet. They seem to have busses in the Denver area, but they haven't been real busy lately. I was thinking they might be Northglenn Ambulance but they could also be Mile High. When I hear Northglenn Ambulance give reports on Green 1, I don't hear contemporaneous traffic on the LTR TG. So, perhaps it's Mile High...

MikeyB

Now that you mention it, I recently started tracking an unknown ambulance company on this LTR System: Rocky Mountain Communication Trunking System, Conifer, Colorado - Scanner Frequencies, on TGID 0-01-010. I haven't made a db update yet because I don't know for certain who the ambulance company is, and also because the system has two missing LCN's which I haven't found yet. They seem to have busses in the Denver area, but they haven't been real busy lately. I was thinking they might be Northglenn Ambulance but they could also be Mile High. When I hear Northglenn Ambulance give reports on Green 1, I don't hear contemporaneous traffic on the LTR TG. So, perhaps it's Mile High...

There are also a couple of more that I see around town - All American Ambulance, Capital City Ambulance, Western Ambulance and the best name iCare Ambulance. Not sure if it might be one of them either.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
There are also a couple of more that I see around town - All American Ambulance, Capital City Ambulance, Western Ambulance and the best name iCare Ambulance. Not sure if it might be one of them either.

Realize none of those listed have 911 contracts so the monitoring will be pretty boring unless you enjoy nursing home shuttles and such.

Jim<

Denvermedic

Mile High Ambulance

I participated in an active shooter training event with Englewood Fire and Englewood Police Department back in November and Mile High Ambulance was the company that provided the emergency transports out of Englewood High School. I also think they back up Denver as I was downtown for new years 2014 and they were responding alongside Denver on calls.

I see Capitol City around town too, but I think there might be different branches of that company as all of the vehicles have different designs and colors.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I participated in an active shooter training event with Englewood Fire and Englewood Police Department back in November and Mile High Ambulance was the company that provided the emergency transports out of Englewood High School. I also think they back up Denver as I was downtown for new years 2014 and they were responding alongside Denver on calls.

I see Capitol City around town too, but I think there might be different branches of that company as all of the vehicles have different designs and colors.

Mile High was not on the last OLFA list for DHMC I saw. Just Northglenn, Action Care, AMR and Rural Metro.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.