• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Stafford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

Hello everyone,

I'll be staying in Stafford County for the next 6 weeks or so and could use some guidance on what to listen to. From the looking I have done I see that LE is encrypted so that it out. What other LE might I be able to listen to from the northern part of the county near I-95? What systems/sites do I need to listen to MCB Quantico? Any help is appreciated.

Linn

fredva

Premium Subscriber
Hi Linn,
You'll be able to receive Virginia State Police on the STARS system. When choosing STARS talkgroups, Stafford troopers will primarily be on Culpepper 1. Units just north of your location will be on Fairfax 1 or Fairfax 2. As for STARS sites, Thornburg, Hogback Mountain, and Independent Hill would be good choices. If you want to expand your listening, include Culpeper 2, which would cover troopers over in and around the Shenandoah Valley.

You should also be able to listen to Prince William County Police on their system.

I haven't listened to Quantico for awhile, so I will defer to others for tips on listening to them.

Plenty of Fire and Rescue to listen to in the area.

Linn

Thanks for the info.

Hi Linn,
You'll be able to receive Virginia State Police on the STARS system. When choosing STARS talkgroups, Stafford troopers will primarily be on Culpepper 1. Units just north of your location will be on Fairfax 1 or Fairfax 2. As for STARS sites, Thornburg, Hogback Mountain, and Independent Hill would be good choices. If you want to expand your listening, include Culpeper 2, which would cover troopers over in and around the Shenandoah Valley.

You should also be able to listen to Prince William County Police on their system.

I haven't listened to Quantico for awhile, so I will defer to others for tips on listening to them.

Plenty of Fire and Rescue to listen to in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.