Stafford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

Hello everyone,

I'll be staying in Stafford County for the next 6 weeks or so and could use some guidance on what to listen to. From the looking I have done I see that LE is encrypted so that it out. What other LE might I be able to listen to from the northern part of the county near I-95? What systems/sites do I need to listen to MCB Quantico? Any help is appreciated.

Linn

fredva

Feed Provider
Hi Linn,
You'll be able to receive Virginia State Police on the STARS system. When choosing STARS talkgroups, Stafford troopers will primarily be on Culpepper 1. Units just north of your location will be on Fairfax 1 or Fairfax 2. As for STARS sites, Thornburg, Hogback Mountain, and Independent Hill would be good choices. If you want to expand your listening, include Culpeper 2, which would cover troopers over in and around the Shenandoah Valley.

You should also be able to listen to Prince William County Police on their system.

I haven't listened to Quantico for awhile, so I will defer to others for tips on listening to them.

Plenty of Fire and Rescue to listen to in the area.

fredva

Feed Provider
One note about VSP - they use Mobile Data Terminals a good amount, so don't expect to hear everything come across the scanner.

Linn

Thanks for the info.

Hi Linn,
You'll be able to receive Virginia State Police on the STARS system. When choosing STARS talkgroups, Stafford troopers will primarily be on Culpepper 1. Units just north of your location will be on Fairfax 1 or Fairfax 2. As for STARS sites, Thornburg, Hogback Mountain, and Independent Hill would be good choices. If you want to expand your listening, include Culpeper 2, which would cover troopers over in and around the Shenandoah Valley.

You should also be able to listen to Prince William County Police on their system.

I haven't listened to Quantico for awhile, so I will defer to others for tips on listening to them.

Plenty of Fire and Rescue to listen to in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.