Stan County Fire Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben96cal

Does anyone have an idea why after the band plan that Stan fire went through that 153.770 dispatch would come in almost non existant but 155.940 cmd 5 would come in like gang busters?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an idea why after the band plan that Stan fire went through that 153.770 dispatch would come in almost non existant but 155.940 cmd 5 would come in like gang busters?

Well, a couple of questions to ponder:

1. Where is the receiver you are using?
  2. Where is the transmitter for 153.770 now (post reconfiguration)?
  3. Where is the transmitter for 155.940?

Ben96cal

Reciever is in Livermore...

2.There is no license info for 153.770 in RR, however 155.940 is modesto's old dispatch channel and originates from MFD sta#5...

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Reciever is in Livermore...

2.There is no license info for 153.770 in RR, however 155.940 is modesto's old dispatch channel and originates from MFD sta#5...

KMG969, 153.7700:

Transmitter 1 is 280 watts ERP, 11 miles west of Patterson (Mt. Oso).
Transmitter 2 is 20 watts ERP in Angeles Camp with antennas aimed SSW (208 degrees).

My guess is you are hearing Transmitter 2, but I could be wrong ...

Ben96cal

re; stan county

Well whatever is going on there's been a big change... I'm having the same change with San Joaquin county also.. It seem like everything east of me after their changes have put me in a sucky position where I can't hear anything....

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I use the Mt Oso 927 ham repeater from Livermore in my car, so it could be the site.

Last edited:

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I am noticing no difference here in Merced County. 153.770 is the all county dispatch channel.

I also get the Modesto County Cmd 5 channel here in Merced Co on my hight level antenna system as I always have. This is a Modesto City channel that goes to the Modesto dispatchers rather than the Stan Co Fire dispatchers from what I can tell. Modesto incidents also use the Modesto tac channels. I would presume that this system allows Modesto to expand as a need might require to the county channels. We have that ability in Merced ****y should the need ever arise.

You will see the Turlock channel use as tac in areas other than Turlock, as it is also used as a bridged channel to the Turlock Fire 800 system. I do not know how the licensing is on that channel - if it' by agreement alone or is Stan Co added it to their compliment of licenses. With agreements in place, neighboring agencies can use their neighbor's frequency, but that is not the norm.

Reflection on low signal - maybe someone is pressing the wrong transmitter button? Or some other technical issue? Maybe they are narrowbanding, where levels are sometimes much more noticeable if misconfigured.

Ben96cal

Well I've got a vhf yagi i could always pull out and point southeast. I'm assuming that would fix the issue with 5db gain...

Status
Not open for further replies.