Stand-a-lone sential update

Status
Not open for further replies.

byndhlptom

I can't be the only one that does not have easy/open internet access....

The Wi-Fi update can be done offline.

The Sentinel Firmware update requires a live Internet connection to do updates.

I do not have internet at home.(not an option currently)

I can't install Sentinel on the Library PCs that have internet (admin blocked)

I can't install Sentinel on work PCs that have internet (admin blocked)

Are there any other options for getting firmware updates other that sending it in to Uniden for "repair"

baayers

If you are using a laptop you could swing by McDonald's and take advantage of their Internet. Once you have connected to their Wi-Fi you just have to open up your web browser and click the I except and login button and all should be good. In most locations their Internet is a bit on the slow side but have had no issues the couple of times I have had to do it.

The other option would be if you have a smart phone to use it as a wireless hotspot. The firmware file that is downloaded is only around 2.5 MB and if you choose to do a database update I believe it is around 20 MB

If those options are still a no go you could try downloading the bin file from the open Uniden website, However as of the writing of this post they have not posted the newest firmware that came out. Since it appears that the last release candidate for the DMR upgrade is posted I would assume it would be up soon. In this case all you have to do is save the file that is downloaded into the firmware folder on the scanners microSD card.

Index of /files/firmwares

Just so you are aware this site is not affiliated with Uniden.

byndhlptom

Stand-a-lone firmware

Unless I am not doing some thing right....

The McDonald's (and other fast food places) locally only have "free Wi-Fi" if you have a cable internet account. Already tried that (a pain to haul around Laptop, p/s, cables, 536, it's p/s, and find an outlet)

No smart phone.....

Sentinel only looks for an internet link. How would you tell it you have a firmware file on your pc? Is there a alternative way to update that is different than what the Uniden site describes?

Thanks for the suggestions.....

microx

Yeah, some setting must not be right.. I don't have any internet at home (I just refuse to pay for it... ) and I have no issues using free WiFi at either Taco bell, Burger King, McDs, Denny's, Bob Evans, Mr. Hero, or any other place that has it.

D

darunimal

McDonalds does not require a paid internet connection unless you are trying to USE a specific providers named connection such as "ATT WIFI" "XFINITY WIFI" or "TIME WARNER WIFI", other than that you could make friends with some scanner people in your area and they might be able to help you out.

ecarvalho

Consider getting a WiFi hotspot. Netzero had offers a few years ago... Verizon sells hotspots. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.