• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

R30 Stand for desk

Is there anything out that I can buy to place my R30 on some kind of stand while scanning? Would want to slightly angled back. Could unplug my charger but that thing holds the R30 straight up. With antenna extended, just a bump on table tips it over by its self on table. Thanks.

TailGator911

Premium Subscriber
I have both the Nifty and the Spectrum Force stands from SM and they both work well. The Nifty is very solid and heavy duty, and the SM stands are very versatile and look great (but take up a lot of desktop space). Someone on here recently posted a pic of their custom-made wooden stand for their SDS100 that looked fantastic. I would have bought one on the spot if they were accepting orders, just for that radio :)

Hope you find that stand that suits your needs!

JD
kf4anc

I bought a pamphlet display stand at Staples, then cut some foam refrigerator drawer liner for padding and lined the back and bottom of the stand with it. It works well for the IC-R30 and the Countycomm GP-5 SSB receivers.

CQ

Have something similar for a notebook but don't use the mouse pad. Placed the pad vertically and holds two HTs using their rear clips.

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at the really inexpensive picture frames. One or two bucks each. Clear plastic, folded over and angled back. The folded over portion clamps a picture in place. Easy to cut with a utility knife, score then snap.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo