Starcom 21 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommis

Premium Subscriber
ok have bcd536hp and do ok at programing it. I live in Morris IL. and want to listen to dekalb County on starcom21 for northern Illinois university police. Is that able to be done? seams like when I put in starcom 21 in scanner there are to many things to scan. I just want dekalb but live in morris.. Thanks Tommis

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ok have bcd536hp and do ok at programing it. I live in Morris IL. and want to listen to dekalb County on starcom21 for northern Illinois university police. Is that able to be done? seams like when I put in starcom 21 in scanner there are to many things to scan. I just want dekalb but live in morris.. Thanks Tommis
I'm sure someone else will chime in to help, I don't have a 536 but others here do. Yes it Is possible to just listen to dekalb county traffic only by entering the sc21 tower and Cc for your area and then the talkgroups for Dekalb county . I have older Gre and Uniden scanners and I can do this, so I'm sure you can. 73, n9zas

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Starcom21 help- Dekalb/NIU UP's

I can only hear Dekalb IL PD and the NIU UP's at TIMES on Kane County's Starcom SITE #126 and Dekalb's SITE #147 when you're there. I can't hear them over here in Cook County #149 SITE. You are probably too far away to hear them as only certain talkgroups will be heard on certain SITES, not over the entire Starcom 21 network. You're in Will County? like 53 miles from DeKalb. There ARE some that we all can hear like IEMA talkgroups that seem to be heard near and far. But my guess is you're too far away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommis

Premium Subscriber
Thank You is there some where that shows what talk groups would be on what sites?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Like johnny said, different sites carry talkgroups which affiliate with said site, except those which are Statewide. You might check the RR database to which tower is closest to Morris and enter that control channel (highlighted) into a scan list then select the talkgroups of interest to you. Leaving the wildcard on will allow you to hear Everything that site hears. When the wilcard is off, you'll only hear those talkgroups you have selected. Have fun! 73, n9zas

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Yeah. I long for the old days of when the NIU UP's were on 453.900 in Dekalb and we would listen to them while eating Pizza Villa Pizzas, watching Huskie Basketball. Now everything is based on being able to hear a Control channel.

MikeyC

The NIU talkgroups are limited on the towers they have access to. For example, they're denied on the LaSalle tower (T131). I assume the Morris tower is the same

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The Grundy tower is T-125, i monitor it 100% and Dekalb is never associated with it, i monitor T126-Aurora and they do pop up on there at times....I think T147-Dekalb is the better of all and only received when im in Yorkville area....

Status
Not open for further replies.