BCD325P2/BCD996P2: STARCOM radio affiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lu81fitter

It is my understanding that when a radio affiliates with a tower/site, that the talkgroup associated with that radio is transmitted on that tower/site. Is this correct?
When I travel towards the Peoria area, I consistently hear D-17 on the Congerville tower. Is this normal?

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you hear D17 on Congerville then there is a radio affiliated with the talkgroup on that site. There could be a trooper living in the area that monitors the district or some sort of consolette set up someplace.

If you have Pro96Com, Unitrunker or some other aplication that can monitor the system you can see what radios affiliate with a tower pretty simply. That may be able to help determine how this occurs.

lu81fitter

I do not use either one of those applications, but I understand. Thank you for that explanation. I program my radio by district, meaning system 17 has all of the sites in that district in that system. Same for system 8, all the sites in Dist 8. Then I add the talkgroups for that district, plus bordering districts in different groups with a GQK. I consistently hear D-9 and D-14 on the Peoria SC site as well. Troopers must monitor adjacent districts.

angellocke

Premium Subscriber
You can pick it up on the Manitoba tower also.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

usswood

Also, with SP, districts are set up so some dispatch groups are hardwired on an adjacent district tower to improve coverage

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
The head of D9 Springfield lives in El Paso. D9 is heard on Congerville often.

Status
Not open for further replies.