Stark County Ohio

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Also hearing one unit on old Sheriff dispatch 16016 talking about being at the Moore Lot. Anyone know who this might be? I thought all Sheriff units were moved over to MARCS.

Posie777

I have searched on the internet and can't find an explanation ...
Can anyone please satisfy my curiosity with your explanation of what that % number means in attached pic? When I do an ANALZ on these (3) WS1065 scanners (PROG MAN softkey F2 F3 ), the scanner that gives the least TSYS transmissions/basically dead, always shows a low percent. Usually anywhere from blank __% to as much as 38%.. The other 2 scanners are usually over 50% and as high as 86%. They get some hits.
My guess this has something to do with signal strength and that scanner has a sucky part inside of it that is not as good as the part in the other 2 scanners. <<< LOL .. I have not clue !! :oops: No smarts in electronics field...

If you had a chance to send that"dead" sucky scanner into Whistler at their cost ( I pay for shipping) to have them tweak it, would you? Note that "dead" scanner still pics up the old conventional system. Perry FD and North Lawrence FD with a grunt here and there on the new TSYS. :rolleyes:.

Thank you folks for helping me with my questions. You are all so kind!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_11867 Feb. 27 01.37.jpg
    ScreenHunter_11867 Feb. 27 01.37.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 31

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have searched on the internet and can't find an explanation ...
Can anyone please satisfy my curiosity with your explanation of what that % number means in attached pic? When I do an ANALZ on these (3) WS1065 scanners (PROG MAN softkey F2 F3 ), the scanner that gives the least TSYS transmissions/basically dead, always shows a low percent. Usually anywhere from blank __% to as much as 38%.. The other 2 scanners are usually over 50% and as high as 86%. They get some hits.
My guess this has something to do with signal strength and that scanner has a sucky part inside of it that is not as good as the part in the other 2 scanners. <<< LOL .. I have not clue !! :oops: No smarts in electronics field...

If you had a chance to send that"dead" sucky scanner into Whistler at their cost ( I pay for shipping) to have them tweak it, would you? Note that "dead" scanner still pics up the old conventional system. Perry FD and North Lawrence FD with a grunt here and there on the new TSYS. :rolleyes:.

Thank you folks for helping me with my questions. You are all so kind!

The % number is digital decode percentage. Because you're trying to decode a P25 digital simulcast site (and the WS1065 isn't particularly good at that when you're close to it), the number will jump around as the radio attempts to decode what it's receiving.

The county's site is actually made up of several towers, all transmitting the same thing at the same time; your scanner is receiving signals from at least two of those towers at the same time and is not able to decide between them. So, what you want to do is reduce the incoming signals so you're only receiving from one tower.

To try and improve things, turn on the attenuator for the new Stark County tower site. If that doesn't help, try reducing the size of the antenna to the least amount of antenna possible, even a paper clip if that's what it takes.

You can if you want, but I wouldn't bother sending it to Whistler, at least not until you've exhausted all the other possibilities. The radio probably works fine, it's just not able to decode a P25 simulcast site effectively.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like North Canton Fire Dispatch has switched from 45009 to 45135, and in the process their radio IDs have changed from 769xxxx (state issued) to 761xxxx (county issued) radio IDs.

45137 is either going to be NCFD 2 / NCFD TAC 1 / NC FD-PD interop.

And my guess is that North Canton Police will be having the same thing occur in the near future.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Looks like North Canton Fire Dispatch has switched from 45009 to 45135, and in the process their radio IDs have changed from 769xxxx (state issued) to 761xxxx (county issued) radio IDs.

And my guess is that North Canton Police will be having the same thing occur in the near future.
That's just fabulous. Now all the friends I have programmed radios for are gonna lose North Canton.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider

Just talked with a crew from NCFD here at the hospital and they are operating on UHF radios while their MARCS radios are being reprogrammed.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just talked with a crew from NCFD here at the hospital and they are operating on UHF radios while their MARCS radios are being reprogrammed.

Thanks for that info. I was puzzled and wondering where the hell they were talking . I heard dispatch dispatching on 45135, and no response on 45009 or 45135.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45138 North Lawrence Fire Dispatch

heard NLFD units talking to WARCOG dispatch. Then WARCOG attempting to contact CENCOM, at which time an NLFD unit responded to WARCOG informing themthat CENCOM doesn't have dispatch up and running on MARCS yet.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There was testing activity on 45175 today.

45175 Uniontown Fire Dispatch

Radio ID 7602020 was CenCom dispatch. Unsure if it was an actual bonafide dispatch console, or somebody at CenCom with a handheld helping with testing.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
There was testing activity on 45175 today.

45175 Uniontown Fire Dispatch

Radio ID 7602020 was CenCom dispatch. Unsure if it was an actual bonafide dispatch console, or somebody at CenCom with a handheld helping with testing.
Yea, early this morning someone keyed up on Greentown dispatch and said "testing Uniontown Fire" they quickly got corrected.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Quad Ambulance was dispatched today on MARCS TG 45129. Quad Chief then called Starcom on MARCS and advised that the dispatch came over MARCS but not the "legacy system" as he called it. They then dispatched again. Looks like their dispatches will be simulcast on both MARCS and their UHF repeater.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I wonder if the majority of the VFD's will do the same. I think Louisville did that when they were briefly on the old 800 system.

G4/G5 pagers for all of your volunteers is a little pricey especially when you already have UHF Motorola pagers and a working repeater system