Stark County Ohio

Posie777

OMG - it worked - thanks so much I am good to go! Next time it will be easier to pay someone to program this for me - lol!
Hi Gobeit .. Since we live so close, I am wondering how your SDS200 is working out for you this past week? Are you getting all transmissions from Massillon area clearly / no silence and no garble. Can you place your unit anywhere in your home and it works?

gobeit

Hi Gobeit .. Since we live so close, I am wondering how your SDS200 is working out for you this past week? Are you getting all transmissions from Massillon area clearly / no silence and no garble. Can you place your unit anywhere in your home and it works?
The SDS200 is working great! It is so clear and sounds great! I get all of the channels I wanted and after a few hiccups I can now program it. I have moved it several places around my house and it works great where ever it is. I highly recommend it. I updated it again today and added more channels and it was easy.

gobeit

The SDS200 is working great! It is so clear and sounds great! I get all of the channels I wanted and after a few hiccups I can now program it. I have moved it several places around my house and it works great where ever it is. I highly recommend it. I updated it again today and added more channels and it was easy.[/QUOTE

Posie777

The SDS200 is working great! It is so clear and sounds great! I get all of the channels I wanted and after a few hiccups I can now program it. I have moved it several places around my house and it works great where ever it is. I highly recommend it. I updated it again today and added more channels and it was easy.

Wonderful Gobeit !! .. Glad to hear with you being in my area. Since my location is down in the hole , I was hoping if I get that SDS200, I would not be disappointed.
I got a car adapter today and took 2 of the 3 WS1065 scanners (the best and worse in decoder %) to Rt 21- Cherry Rd Theater parking lot. The best one (decode as high as 99%) got fairly clear audio. The worse one, I couldn't get but a hickup. One of the other members said they got audio clearly in that theater area. I found that to be true with the better (%) scanner. Also, sat in Knights of Columbus parking by MCTV towers. Bad results there. So now, I proved to myself location is a problem and that one scanner with low decoder % is basically useless.

gobeit

Wonderful Gobeit !! .. Glad to hear with you being in my area. Since my location is down in the hole , I was hoping if I get that SDS200, I would not be disappointed.
I got a car adapter today and took 2 of the 3 WS1065 scanners (the best and worse in decoder %) to Rt 21- Cherry Rd Theater parking lot. The best one (decode as high as 99%) got fairly clear audio. The worse one, I couldn't get but a hickup. One of the other members said they got audio clearly in that theater area. I found that to be true with the better (%) scanner. Also, sat in Knights of Columbus parking by MCTV towers. Bad results there. So now, I proved to myself location is a problem and that one scanner with low decoder % is basically useless.
I understand. I still have my homepatrol and it will not work in my home at all. I even have an outside antenna to it and I get nothing. I programmed those same channels into the sds200 and I get them loud and clear. If I take my home patrol to work (I work out by genshaft Park) the homepatrol comes in loud and clear. I guess I never thought I lived in a hole until now - lol!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45058 Thinking it is Canton City Sewer Dept.

I'm also seeing some of the same radio IDs that are active on 45058 doing testing on 45055. So, my guess is that 45055 / 45058 belong to the same higher-up department in the food chain. Not sure if it would be Sewer or Water. But what I had heard on 45058 did indeed sound like Sewer stuff (collection systems / manholes / etc). But then again, that same stuff can exist for water (storm sewer) and sewage (sanitary sewer).

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

M

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I'm also seeing some of the same radio IDs that are active on 45058 doing testing on 45055. So, my guess is that 45055 / 45058 belong to the same higher-up department in the food chain. Not sure if it would be Sewer or Water. But what I had heard on 45058 did indeed sound like Sewer stuff (collection systems / manholes / etc). But then again, that same stuff can exist for water (storm sewer) and sewage (sanitary sewer).

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

M
45054 is Citywide, so maybee a common TG for all the city service departments or a second citywide

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45054 is Citywide, so maybee a common TG for all the city service departments or a second citywide

Whatever it is, it'll be in alphabetical order.

45054 CAN CITYWIDE
45058 CAN SEWER (assuming this is correct)
45061 CAN WATER

And within that range is pretty much going to be all of the old Canton City services.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I heard that but was unsure what it was going to be. Is there a similar matching talkgroup on the old system ?

I don't believe there was one on old system. Don't know what Canton Municipal Court Bailiffs used in the past. Was trying to catch more traffic but my scanner is too busy with Plain Twp's big fire.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I heard that but was unsure what it was going to be. Is there a similar matching talkgroup on the old system ?

There was one on old system tagged MUNI CRT with the description of Court Hall. However, this was under the Sheriff group and I thought Municipal Court was under the jurisdiction of the city.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It appears that three additional frequencies from the old Canton-Stark Moto Type II system have been removed from that system and added to MARCS-IP Site 2-063 Stark Co Simulcast.

+853.1125
+853.4000
+854.0375

Interestingly, I still see the old Type II controller directing calls ( such as CAN SANITATION) to 853.4000, even though I'm seeing calls on MARCS-IP Site 2-063 Stark Simulcast also directing calls to 853.4000.

Even though the old Type II system is still up, i've yet to see any full conversations in the past 10 minutes I've been monitoring it. I'm sure there is still activity on it, but the activity is so low now that it's not possible for me to tell if 853.4000 is actually spewing RF for the old system or the new MARCS site.

M

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
It appears that three additional frequencies from the old Canton-Stark Moto Type II system have been removed from that system and added to MARCS-IP Site 2-063 Stark Co Simulcast.

+853.1125
+853.4000
+854.0375

Interestingly, I still see the old Type II controller directing calls ( such as CAN SANITATION) to 853.4000, even though I'm seeing calls on MARCS-IP Site 2-063 Stark Simulcast also directing calls to 853.4000.

Even though the old Type II system is still up, i've yet to see any full conversations in the past 10 minutes I've been monitoring it. I'm sure there is still activity on it, but the activity is so low now that it's not possible for me to tell if 853.4000 is actually spewing RF for the old system or the new MARCS site.

M
The old system is close to being dead. There are still a few Canton City services as well as Malone College Security yet to be heard on MARCS.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Took my SDS100 with me on a trip to Holmes County today. With the Remtronix antenna, I was still able to pickup Stark Simulcast in Walnut Creek and Berlin but lost it about halfway to Millersburg.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Took my SDS100 with me on a trip to Holmes County today. With the Remtronix antenna, I was still able to pickup Stark Simulcast in Walnut Creek and Berlin but lost it about halfway to Millersburg.

That's quite an impressive reach. Shh, don't tell the Stark / MARCS people about it or they might cut down on the coverage. I like being able to pick up Stark Co down here in Carrollton and don't want to lose that :)

mike