Stark County Ohio

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Nim, Canton Twp, and Perry have tested their TG. As far as East Sparta and Hartville, I have not even logged their TG.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
From the Old Stark System, the users that have yet to migrate are:

Canton City Sanitation
Canton City Hall Maintenance
Canton City Building/Code Enforcement
Canton City Water Treatment Plant
Canton City Traffic Engineering
Canton City Parking Enforcement
Canton City Street Department

Malone College Security

Parks Department (Formerly a City Department but now a County Department)

jdgohus1

I wish Cencomm would start dispatching Louisville PD so they would be in the clear. That would make me very very happy :)

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Why does it seem to be taking forever when Summit switched pretty quickly?

I know the Canton City Service Departments were using older analog radios on the Stark County System that were hand-downs from Police & Fire when the old Canton City analog system was shut down after being merged into the Stark County System. The analog radios are not usable on MARCS Simulcast. These same service departments are now getiing hand-downs again from Police & Fire, XTS2500's that need flashed and re-programmed for use on MARCS Simulcast. This may account for the delay.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I wish Cencomm would start dispatching Louisville PD so they would be in the clear. That would make me very very happy :)

If it is the department's wishes to use encryption, then it would matter not what agency does the dispatching. Cencomm is just as capable of running encryption as is Cancomm.

xusmarine1979

It's certainly taking longer than I expected. But it will be nice once the majority of the county is on the system.

Being in Louisville myself, I sure do miss hearing them. But it is what it is.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
This morning, Cencom was having trouble hearing Louisville units. The problem appears to be on Cencom's end because the Louisville units were coming across loud and clear for me.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Why does it seem to be taking forever when Summit switched pretty quickly?

My guess would be that Summit County has had a fairly unified communications plan for several years with most agencies already on 800 MHz, while Stark County was a hodgepodge of different systems and frequency bands requiring a lot more updating.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
It also helped that when Summit County moved to P25, they programmed in both the P25 zones and the MARCS zones. If you recall, it took a bit of time to get everyone off Summit800 and over to P25. The move to MARCS just meant getting everyone to switch zones on the radios.

Stark skipped that extra step and is going straight to MARCS.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am getting no control channel on the Old Stark County System, so they did indeed shut it down.

I'm still picking up the CC fine on 852.3125 as of 12:29 AM 3-30-2019. Maybe they just shut down some of the sites in the simulcast and I'm copying one that is closer to East Rochester (remote access monitoring post) than it is to your location.
canton-stark.png

Last edited: