Win500: Starrsoft win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
Do not download starrsoft win500. You will not be sent a registration key. I did that a few months ago thru paypal. After a period of time, paypal ruled in my favor and my money was reimbursed to my mastercard. I dont want anyone else to be taken like i was

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I downloaded and bought registration key with no problem. Email spam filter perhaps?
Use Win500 had no problems getting my registration key.

I've had good experience with Win500 too, however there have been a lot of reports lately of people not being supplied with a key after they pay. Don has apologized in the forums and had apparently corrected previous issues, but the problems do seem to keep happening.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
I've had good experience with Win500 too, however there have been a lot of reports lately of people not being supplied with a key after they pay. Don has apologized in the forums and had apparently corrected previous issues, but the problems do seem to keep happening.
I used win500 for 6 years. No problem then i got a new pc and had lost the registration key so i purchased a new one. I agree. Win500 is a great program, but if paypal cant get a reply from starrsoft they refund your money. I only posted this for other people, because obviously things have changed

KG7LER

Premium Subscriber
I tried to buy it on Jan31, no serial received, no emails answered.
I filed a PayPal dispute just now March8
I really like the software, too bad cant use it now.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
I tried to buy it on Jan31, no serial received, no emails answered.
I filed a PayPal dispute just now March8
I really like the software, too bad cant use it now.
Stick with paypal. They will refund you. It takes a few weeks. On the other hand i downloaded psredit. Same as win500. Got key instantly. Works great

scifidad007

VE3EB
Premium Subscriber
I bought mine two years back or so. I admit that there was a delay on receiving the Key. I am guessing this is not a full time job for the author!
After a few emails to them, they sent it.

Works well.

izknitwit

Premium Subscriber
I paid for my key thru Win500, never received a key and been writing to the company and no response....my daughter bought me the scanner for Christmas and used her credit card and now I can't program my scanner or take certain channels off....So mad at Win500 they took my money and ran with it...grrrrrrrrrrr very upset with this place...

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Report it to your credit card company for a reimbursement and then purchase PSRedit.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I paid for my key thru Win500, never received a key and been writing to the company and no response....my daughter bought me the scanner for Christmas and used her credit card and now I can't program my scanner or take certain channels off....So mad at Win500 they took my money and ran with it...grrrrrrrrrrr very upset with this place...
Sorry you have been having problems Don Starr has not been seen in the forum in over 9 months. We are not sure what has happened to him

Ubbe

... and now I can't program my scanner or take certain channels off....
Are you saying that there's a scanner model out there that cannot be manually programmed? Then I understand why Win500 are so important to people.
Don Starr has not been seen in the forum in over 9 months. We are not sure what has happened to him
Right after Whistler announced that they will release two new scanners he dissapeard. Instead of the promised 7 months production time for the new scanners it was added another 3 months and then there where an additional 3 months added on top of that. If he doesn't even respond to the emails that arrives at his companies inbox then he must be under an enormous preassure.

/Ubbe

izknitwit

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying that there's a scanner model out there that cannot be manually programmed? Then I understand why Win500 are so important to people.
Right after Whistler announced that they will release two new scanners he dissapeard. Instead of the promised 7 months production time for the new scanners it was added another 3 months and then there where an additional 3 months added on top of that. If he doesn't even respond to the emails that arrives at his companies inbox then he must be under an enormous preassure.

/Ubbe
I Thank you so much for responding....will go to psredit and see if I can get it to work for my scanner....

izknitwit

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help... appreciate it so very much...will tell my daughter to contact her credit card company...hopefully they will refund her...

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Sorry you have been having problems Don Starr has not been seen in the forum in over 9 months. We are not sure what has happened to him
Which is odd, since he used to be very active on these boards. I hope there is not a major problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.