Win500: Starrsoft win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have had Win500 for many years using many computers. I have never ever had any problems getting it to work. If you download it, you are getting a free trial. If you don't pay, it does not work anymore because there is no key. That is my understanding.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Anyone can have setbacks in life. I hope is he okay and healthy. I have purchased a couple versions of his software over the years and still use them today.

Ubbe

Looks like he put a lot of work into the firmware and lets hope it was not wasted and some of the code and new functionality will make into the TRX scanners to make them more attractive and give them a second wind. Wendy indicated that it might be possible.

/Ubbe

Fast1eddie

Interesting posts...Only a few minutes ago I paid the $30.00 on my debit card and immediately received a key. However, when I enter my name and key, I am greeted with the bo donk tone and a message stating my name or key is not correct.....Also emailed him asking for help. One more reason why I hate computers!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Interesting posts...Only a few minutes ago I paid the $30.00 on my debit card and immediately received a key. However, when I enter my name and key, I am greeted with the bo donk tone and a message stating my name or key is not correct.....Also emailed him asking for help. One more reason why I hate computers!
The key has two lines. The first line contains your address and email
The second is the specific key. Be sure that you enter both exactly as shown.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve, yes you are correct, however I have done repeatedly done that and it won't take. Uggggggghhhhhh
You might try cutting each line from the email, & pasting in place. But be sure that you don't accidentally add a blank space in front of, or after each line of the key when pasting it into the program.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I posted awhile back that he may have been held captive by Whistler now it looks like may have been true.
Whistler isn't going to make new scanners now? Don was working for them? I read on here awhile back Whistler doesn't allow 3rd Party software. If I'm going to pay that much money for a scanner I want to have choices of software.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Whistler isn't going to make new scanners now? Don was working for them? I read on here awhile back Whistler doesn't allow 3rd Party software. If I'm going to pay that much money for a scanner I want to have choices of software.
- What are the software choices for other scanner manufactures?
- Where did you read or hear that Whistler was not going to make new scanners?
- There is a third party Android app for some Whistler scanners.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
- What are the software choices for other scanner manufactures?
- Where did you read or hear that Whistler was not going to make new scanners?
- There is a third party Android app for some Whistler scanners.
In post #27.
"He returned to life just after Whistler announced that they are cancelling their advertised development of new scanners. "

Status
Not open for further replies.