• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

STARS and PSR 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I program STARS into my psr 600, should I program each site as a different trunked system, or set one multi-site trunked system. If the second, how would I go about doing that? The closest tower to me is the Thornburg site.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hi Jerry,

The only limitations for multisite is a max of 32 freqs, but you only need the controls and maybe the alt controls programmed.

You can program the controls and alts for Thornburg and any other tower within reasonable range that gives a strong enough decode rate. If you program other towers, you may need to set Multisite ROAM or STAT. I use ROAM.

STARS will have flaws with out the latest 1.2 DSP and CPU upgrades so insure you have them installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.