STARS on the Pro-2096 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, this is probably in some other forum, but I cannot find it. I am trying to correctly program in the Virginia State PD and Game and Inland Fisheries on the STARS system into a Radioshack Pro-2096. When I do the download from Radioreference into ARC 96 it says too many channels or something like that. What should I do instead to be able to hear STARS all over the state?

QDP2012

Is it possible that the error is happening because you are trying to load the tower frequencies for the entire state? Would it help to pick just one or two towers nearby and only program those frequencies in?

Just a thought,

Hope this helps,

Edit: Disregard. I just re-read where you want to cover the whole state.

shumadine

My hunch is that since this is a Pro 2096, you are going to use it at home. If that is the case, then there is no need to program in all the towers from all over the state. Just program in whatever towers are nearest to you, and then you can program in whatever talk groups you want. But you won't be able to hear VA Beach talk groups in Charlottesville unless a VA Beach user is in your area and can "affiliate" with a Charlottesville tower.

Now if you plan on using your Pro 2096 in your car, then disregard everything above.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Ns9710, that's fine. If I can just get the system to work for the entire state I'll be in business. Still trying to figure out how to do that. Thanks.

NS9710

you don't need the entire state, but a shortcut is to find the towers you want and put the red and blue frequencies in, it saves you space and helps improve quickness of the reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.