State agencies in the clear...kind of

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
By chance, I discovered two state agencies in the clear - Fish & Wildlife and FHP.

Okay, I do NOT have a state radio nor a secret decoder ring, but I do know a good dispatcher when I hear one....

I was in Palatka (Putnam County) last week during a shooting call. No injuries, but a few arrests.

During the melee, the dispatcher patched the Sheriff's Department main channel to Palatka PD's main channel. Smart, right? I think so. Several announcements were made, an alert tone given, and the patch happened. Nice - one channel to listen to!!

Furthermore, as some of you know, there is a Florida Highway Patrol office in Palatka (or is it East Palatka?). Shortly after the initial call, the dispatcher announced she would patch in FHP and nearby state Fish & Wildlife officers.

When she patched the state officers, she (evidently) used 8TAC92 (852.0125 FM, with PL 156.7) and announced that they (the state officers) would be communicating in the clear for this incident.

Not sure which 700 or 800 TAC mutual-aid channels may be in use near you, but I would add them to my scanlist....

Happy scanning,

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Excellent post, Jay. A good reminder to not neglect the mutual aid freqs.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
By default, any agency that does a patch to a console resource that is in the clear will be clear. That being a mutual-aid conventional or a mutual-aid talk-group.

Yep...there is some good stuff that pops up from time to time on the 8TAC's, especially where FHP and other state agencies come into play.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Bolt21 said:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Excellent post, Jay. A good reminder to not neglect the mutual aid freqs.

I keep the VHF (VCall and VTac) and UHF (UCall and Utac) mutual aid in one scan list, and the 800MHz mutual aid (ICall, ITac, 8Call and 8Tac) in another. I scan them all the time, and do hear some traffic on a few of them.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have monitored the Florida Highway Patrol using the 8TAC channels in the simplex mode for chit chat many times here in South Florida. Definitely a good set of frequencies to keep programmed in your radios.

ermin

Are the VHF (VCall and VTac) and UHF (UCall and Utac) mutual aid & 8tac freqs in the RR Wiki here? I have the 8tac ones but have not seen the VHF (VCall and VTac) and UHF (UCall and Utac) mutual aid listed for my area in SouthEast Florida.

Thank you

Ermin

thomast77

Status
Not open for further replies.