State Parks 800MHz rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I was on a State Parks incident overnight, and they were operating on the REBANDED Aqua frequency.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
RRdb is showing all of these State Parks 800MHz frequencies as 12.5 khz bandwidth (NFM). Does anyone know if this is correct?

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Thank you Don. Is everything 800MHz analog normal FM? Is all 700Mhz P25 and analog NFM?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
800 is a mix of analog and P25. 700 MHz is all P25.

State Parks is all analog on 800.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I guess a more accurate way to phrase my question would be, are all 800-866Mhz (whatever the normal trunking band is now) frequencies FM? I don't believe this band has any narrowband mandates, but not sure if there may be technical or other reasons why one would utilize NFM on there.

Paul

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I thought everything was to be narrow banded now, but I might be wrong.

Most UHF and VHF frequencies were impacted by narrowbanding in 2013.
700 and 800 were not part of that.

800MHz is 25KHz channels, although I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to 12.5 or less in the future.

I've got an 800MHz analog conventional repeater running 12.5KHz at work. Did it for two reasons. One, to match the coverage of the trunked system that it serves as a backup to. Second, we tend to run the wheels off things, and keeping this guy up and running for 20 years is not out of the realm of possibility. Setting it up for the future saves us a lot of headaches down the road. As it is, it gives us all the coverage we need.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
800MHz Phase 1 and Phase 2 trunked systems would be 12.5 though because they are P25 digital only...is that correct?

Paul

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
Any reason why the California State Parks radio system is not full quieting on the output 115? I hate the squelch tail.

dsefcik

I was on a State Parks incident overnight, and they were operating on the REBANDED Aqua frequency.

Paul
Is there a good reference somewhere for all of the State Park (SURCOM) Districts and freq bands? I know there is this https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Department_of_Parks_and_Recreation_(State_Parks)_(CA) but it seems incomplete and not updated. I often hear "x-ray" wich I don't see and the aqua freq which is not clear to me who or what dept it is. Also seems maybe "Boy" refers to ABDSP rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.