State Police Bank & Talkgroup setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpbailey

I am new to this and am not sure how to set up my bank (Sate Police) with the right talkgroups and frequencies for Troops A,H,F.

Any help would be appreciated.

bumpbailey

What scanner do you have? Do you program it with software.

I have a PSR-300 (being delivered today) and am trying to set-up the ARC300 software now before it gets here.

I set up the local police in my area (Medford,Somerville,Malden,Melrose,Stoneham,Chelsea,Everett) and set it as Motorola (not sure if it should be that or EDACS)

I did the same for the State Police Frequencies I found on here, in its own bank.

Do I need to add the talkgroups in the State Police bank? Or will it automatically search for them?

I just don't want to get any chatter from other Troops outside my area. (Troops A,H,F)

bumpbailey

What scanner do you have? Do you program it with software.

Also, I am thinking of having a bank just for troop A,H highways only for when I am driving. Is that possible to do?

Thanks again!

Very green at this.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR-300 (being delivered today) and am trying to set-up the ARC300 software now before it gets here.

I set up the local police in my area (Medford,Somerville,Malden,Melrose,Stoneham,Chelsea,Everett) and set it as Motorola (not sure if it should be that or EDACS)

Neither. All of those cities are conventional analog systems. The only city in that area that is trunked is Cambridge, and they simulcast some traffic on UHF.

Also, I am thinking of having a bank just for troop A,H highways only for when I am driving. Is that possible to do?

Thanks again!

Very green at this.

Yes. Actually on the GRE scanners, you can put trunk system talk group or conventional channel in multiple lists. So, if you only want to hear certain MSP talk groups when you are in your vehicle, you set a list with just those talk groups. Enable it when you're mobile and then turn it off and turn the other one one when you're home. I'm assuming, since my experience is with the PSR 600, that you can do that with the 300 as well.

Take your time learning the software. I've used all of the Uniden Dynamic Memory scanners and the Butel software for them and I was overwhelmed when I first tried to do programming with ARC500 for the PSR600. Don't be surprised if you have to change a lot of things around at first and reprogram several times before you get it where you want it.

bumpbailey

garys;1238682 Yes. Actually on the GRE scanners said:
thanks!

kinda off topic, but I have these banks set-up as Motorola. Is that right or should they be EDACS? Or not trunked for the local cites?

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Should be setup for motorola. If ytou want to hear worcester pd or fd, then you need to setup a edacs system. MSP is Motorola Type II SmartZone.

jack103

Premium Subscriber
thanks!

kinda off topic, but I have these banks set-up as Motorola. Is that right or should they be EDACS? Or not trunked for the local cites?

For a execellant site for any info on MASS GO TO THIS SITE----http://www.scannewengland.net/forums/content.php

bumpbailey

Thanks guyz! I have it working now.

I can't get any good frequencies for EMS in Medford area though.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I looked under Middlesex on this site and found Police,FD frequencies. I also found Trinity EMS service that operate on a LTR system. Since I'm in southern Worcester County I am ot sure if that covers Medford or not.

bumpbailey

I looked under Middlesex on this site and found Police,FD frequencies. I also found Trinity EMS service that operate on a LTR system. Since I'm in southern Worcester County I am ot sure if that covers Medford or not.

I found some Cataldo and Armstrong, but they are all static. Still looking.

garys

Premium Subscriber
As others have suggested, scannewengland.net is a good resource. There are files, a Wiki, forums, and a lot of people with very good knowledge of scanning in MA and other New England States. Depending on what you using for an antenna, you should hear Cataldo and Fallon on their respective VHF systems quite well.

bumpbailey

As others have suggested, scannewengland.net is a good resource. There are files, a Wiki, forums, and a lot of people with very good knowledge of scanning in MA and other New England States. Depending on what you using for an antenna, you should hear Cataldo and Fallon on their respective VHF systems quite well.

Thanks Garys. I found plenty of frequencies, but still static only. Maybe I have it set up wrong or maybe its my antenna.

Can anyone in Medford tell me the frequency they use?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Armstrong Ambulance provides EMS for Medford. They usually can be heard on the Medford FD frequency, and on the Armstrong freqs of 463.525 and 464.025. The repeaters for 463.525 and 464.025 might be in Waltham, so they might be hard to hear in Medford. Peter Sz

bumpbailey

Armstrong Ambulance provides EMS for Medford. They usually can be heard on the Medford FD frequency, and on the Armstrong freqs of 463.525 and 464.025. The repeaters for 463.525 and 464.025 might be in Waltham, so they might be hard to hear in Medford. Peter Sz

Thanks Peter. 464.025 and 463.525 are coming in great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.