State police in the Martinsville area

Status
Not open for further replies.

westmorelnd

Programed the Bull mountain tower and division 6 into the new Gre 500 for Martinsville but not getting much action and not sure its local. I downloaded with Arc from radio reference. Any suggestions would be great.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I would get out a map and look for any additional tower locations within maybe a 50 mile radius like White Oak Mountain and Franklin City. Bull Run is in Patrick right and you are in Henry so I would look to the north and east. Also may as well input the conventional VSP Frequencies since they are still used here and there Virginia State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference if you have not already. STARS can sometimes be difficult to receive. I have a place on the Potomac River and I just cannot get it. I have to depend on a patch from Fairfax County Police. Good luck.

wmbio

Here is the link to the map..BAD LINK...SEE BELOW FOR AN UPDATED WORKING LINK

Your sites look good. Are you scanning all control channels? Only suggestion, change your global setting: multi-site =Roam or Stat and check all CC=Yes

You may have VHF overload from a TV or FM transmitter nearby, try your ATT turned on per site or globaly
enjoy
wmbio

Last edited:

brownlab

Here is the link to the map..http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...1915e621cb9ef7

Your sites look good. Are you scanning all control channels? Only suggestion, change your global setting: multi-site =Roam or Stat and check all CC=Yes

You may have VHF overload from a TV or FM transmitter nearby, try your ATT turned on per site or globaly
enjoy
wmbio

Would you send that link to the map again. I cannot get it to open on either of my laptops. I would like to see it.

Thanks

BL

K4NNW

I would get out a map and look for any additional tower locations within maybe a 50 mile radius like White Oak Mountain and Franklin City.

I believe you mean Franklin County. Franklin City is almost 200 miles east of there.
Fort Lewis Mountain (near Salem) may also be worth a shot, but I believe I heard White Oak Mountain the most when I was around Martinsville.

brownlab

I believe you mean Franklin County. Franklin City is almost 200 miles east of there.
Fort Lewis Mountain (near Salem) may also be worth a shot, but I believe I heard White Oak Mountain the most when I was around Martinsville.

Yes, that was my mistake. I met Franklin County not City. Thank you for pointing that out. (I do not know if there is a STARS site in Franklin CO). My understanding is White Oak Mountain may be the best bet in Martinsville but I do not get down there very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.