State Police Talk Group 33271

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner-geek

Just confirmed another BOLO on 34007 (D-PATROL-2 +7) which is apparently a troop D multiselect. Again, no simultaneous traffic on the D-Patrol TGs.

Scanner-geek

ecps92,

Could you specify the ATGs IDs you have logged? You mentioned troops E, A, C,D, and H. I monitor zone 5 frequently and have for some time now, often in search mode, and I have NEVER had any activity on the ATG talkgroups listed in the database. What type of traffic is it typically? I feel like I'm missing some important TGs.

Would you post a list of the TGs you monitor? Thanks.

Scannergeek

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I programmed these talkgroups into my scanners for Troop D. I will advise if I hear any activity on the talkgroups.

D-PTL-1 33968 and 33975
D-PTL-2 34000 and 34007
D-PTL-3 34032 and 34039

ecps92

ScanNewEngland WIKI

PS, I run my Scanner OPEN and do not lock myself into any specific T/G's on the MSP System.
Just like using PL/DPL or NAC, you never know what might be out there behind your Tone.

ecps92,

Could you specify the ATGs IDs you have logged? You mentioned troops E, A, C,D, and H. I monitor zone 5 frequently and have for some time now, often in search mode, and I have NEVER had any activity on the ATG talkgroups listed in the database. What type of traffic is it typically? I feel like I'm missing some important TGs.

Would you post a list of the TGs you monitor? Thanks.

Scannergeek

ecps92

Depends on your Scanner.

The Old trunk-trackers, you are correct.

The new ones, automatically know to adjust for the Status Bits

This morning I heard a BOLO put out on 33271 for a man with a knife in Quincy. I found no simultaneous broadcast on the H-Patrol-1 or H-Patrol-2 talk groups (I locked out 33271, hit search mode, got nothing, and unlocked the group and transmission on 33271 was still going).

My interpretation of this is that if you don't have these "mulitselect" talk groups in your scan list, and you are in scan mode, you will miss some interesting traffic. Clearly not all BOLOs are put out on multiselect, but rather these TGs are used at the discretion of the dispatcher. Multiselect may not be used that often, but seems important nevertheless.

I now have these talk groups in my list (patrol talkgroups +7) for all troops. Perhaps these TGs should be in the RRDB, as they seem to be used more than the ATGs listed. What I have done is created a separate system with only multiselect channels as a way of filtering out most of the routine patrol radio traffic. Clearly, any BOLOs put out on a single patrol TG will be missed.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas. Interested in your thoughts. Anyone else have these TGs in their lists?

Scannergeek

N1BHH

PS, I run my Scanner OPEN and do not lock myself into any specific T/G's on the MSP System.
Just like using PL/DPL or NAC, you never know what might be out there behind your Tone.

I run my scanners Open, even though I have programmed in all of what I essentially want to hear, there are some not well used talk groups which may become active and may have something I want to listen to. If anyone runs it closed, then you may miss something.

Status
Not open for further replies.