Statesville to Canton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing a lot of traffic from Iredell Memorial Hospital (from EMS) on VIPER from the Chambers Mtn. site near my home. What gives? Statesville is 100 miles away?

reconrider8

someone around you has that tg in their radio and is more then likely monitoring it which is causing it to be transmitted across that site

thrownout27

Premium Subscriber
more explination

Someone is monitoring Iredell County Hospital traffic near me and transmitting it? I can tell you that I'm quite close to Chambers Mtn., which is a prominent transmission site in Haywood County, is this where the traffic is coming from? I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean but I appreciate it.

Quantar22

Someone is monitoring Iredell County Hospital traffic near me and transmitting it? I can tell you that I'm quite close to Chambers Mtn., which is a prominent transmission site in Haywood County, is this where the traffic is coming from? I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean but I appreciate it.

Yes someone is or was affiliated with the site you are listening too in Haywood County on a talkgroup that belongs to Iredell County. If your scanner indicates it is on the Chamber's Mtn. site that is where the RF is emitting from. Read this page below it will help you understand Smartzone trunking...

FON How a SmartZone system works

reconrider8

Ex sometimes I can pick up one of the hospitals from the Cumberland area not quite sure which one it is but I can hear them all the way up in Halifax county on viper sometimes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.