statewide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello is there anything ever heard in the statewide police or fire,just curious thanks frank

Mark

Premium Subscriber
frank125 said:
hello is there anything ever heard in the statewide police or fire,just curious thanks frank

I don't monitor Delaware TRS like I used to but one time you can count on SW
talkgroup is when the Nascar races are at Dover.
EMS and med staff at Dover Downs use SW EMS 3824 at the track.
Get that loud and clear in NCC before and during races.
Kind of cracks me up hearing ambulance in turn 4 etc when I'm 50 miles North of track... :)

Mark

JRM5204

chrishoerner I have a question about the fire radio channel setup in NCC Co., I see and know NCC has Fire TAC 3 and 4 channels/talkgroups but is there a TAC 1 & 2 ? I asked this question before but didn't really get the answer I was looking for. What I mean, is there a TAC 1 and TAC 2 or does NCC start at TAC3? I'm sure the radios have the alpha numeric text like "Claymont 13 Private" just was curious if there is a TAC 1 and 2 and if it's like company choice what they have in it or if it's NCC dispatch or statewide channel/talkgroups?

Example

? TAC 1 ? Fire Dispatch (3184), EMS OP'S 1 (3856) Company Private etc.
? TAC 2 ? Company Private, Statewide etc.
3216 TAC 3 NCC Primary Response/Fireground
3248 TAC 4 NCC Fireground

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
no there is no tac 1 or 2 our alpha tags are the same as in the data base, it doesnt make sense to me either i dont know why it starts on tac 3 and not tac 1. our radios have tac 3 on the first position and last position on the selector switch so u can get to it easily in your gear in a fire because thats our main channel. no one ever talks on the dispatch channel i assume its set up that way because of the pager simulcast. i'm not sure if every company's radios are set up the same or not but we only have our company channel and no one elses i might of forgot something but here are the talkgroups we have

n-dispatch
n-tac 3
n-tac 4
n-emsops2
n-emsops2
n-brandywine
n-sert
n-nccma1
n-nccma2
talk 1
talk 2
itac 1
itac2
itac 3
itac 4
911 help
911 help rptr i duno what this is and never seen it used
sw-ems
sw-fire
all the hospital talkgroups

then there is a zone for kent county and sussex county and wilmington but it no longer works now that wilmington is p25 its still set up for the old system there is something on there also for chester county i think but never seen it used i hope when we get our radios flashed for rebaning in july they add delaware county pa and wilmington. as of now we cant hear either, wilmington does have our talkgroups in their radios so if there is a big county respose in wilmington sometimes they will operate on our talkgroups. i'm not even sure if delaware county can go on our radios because its in the 500.000 mgh range.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
chrishoerner said:
911 help
911 help rptr i duno what this is and never seen it used

Most likely, this is the I-Call channel in simplex and repeater mode. For whatever reason, I have noted a few jurisdictions using the name "911-Help" in their radios for the nationwide 800 calling channel (more commonly known as I-Call or 8-Call). Montgomery Co, PA is one of those jurisdictions.

Also, you can't get Delco's 500MHz stuff in your DE 800MHz trunked portable. If you have company UHF radios, you might be able to put Delco in those if they cover 450-512 (some portables cover 406-470, which won't help for Delco).

BillQuinn

Company Channels

The only thing i know about the frequencies like 500.7875, 460.6, 154.145 are simulcasting the 800 mhz system, like i said before ive never heard private chat on those frequencies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
The statewide groups I hear active regularly (un encrypted anyway) are:
SW MA, Aviation, TMC, SW Fire, Forestry, U of D, DEMA, SW PMA, DOC Parole, SW DNR, National guard, Truck Enforcement.

Many of the transit, maintenance and similar groups are SW but I don't listen to them.

Dave

hai_akeeba

The fire company licensed UHF frequencies are used for "company" business, however infrequently. The last time I heard them used for this purpose was Elsmere's 453.900 when they were holding their annual Christmas parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.