Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

11harjam

So i am able to pick up certain frequencies with whislter ws1010 but when i go to the ham frequency here all i get is static every so often even with the squalch turn up, so i do not understand what is the issue and how to fix it

N8IAA

So i am able to pick up certain frequencies with whislter ws1010 but when i go to the ham frequency here all i get is static every so often even with the squalch turn up, so i do not understand what is the issue and how to fix it

Ham radio uses more than just analog to transmit. There is DMR, D-STAR and Yaesu Fusion. Maybe that's what you're hearing. Could be the digital buzz on the frequencies you are monitoring.

Larry

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Any chance there's something near by that could be causing interference with your scanner? Something that could be emitting power?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
N8IAA and Rt169Radio gave some great pointers. It could be a birdie, some local signal, or something that is digital.

I would suggest looking at the Radio Reference's Amateur Radio Frequency Database or use another online database like Repeater Book (https://www.repeaterbook.com/) to find what type of repeater you are picking up.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.