Station N3VJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3vj

Premium Subscriber
Its been a while since I have posted an update of my shack, so here goes. The first photo shows a wide angle view of the shack and my computing power. As you can see, I have amassed a number of awards from the ARRL and CQ magazine. My shack is located in State College, PA. I am two miles from Penn State University's main campus.

2019-04-16_07-06-49_883.jpeg

In the following photo, you can see my storage bookshelf. Starting from the bottom and working our way up, you will find the following:

• Last shelf contains various radio books, cables and my crimping tools for my rig runners.
  • Next up, you will find a box of QSLs and various meters.
  • Next shelf contains my shortwave receivers (Sony SW-77, Eton radios), signed Emergency! box set and an 898t scanner
  • The top shelf contains my hamclock which uses a Raspberry Pi. I found the project on the Internet. I also have a photo frame that I use to display my QSL cards.
2019-04-16_07-01-18_851.jpeg

Next up we have the main portion of my shack. Again starting from the bottom and working our way up, you will find the following:
  • Davis VantagePro 2 weather station. I am using a Raspberry Pi to feed my weather to various outlets. Then we have a Logitech Squeezebox Wifi radio, which I use to listen to the BBC. And finally, we have my workhorse radio, my Kenwood TS590S, which I use for SSB.
  • The next area is mainly for storage of cables and so on.
  • Next up, we find a power supply for my scanners. I am using a Rigrunner for all of them. Then, I have a midland weather radio and a Yaesu FT1900 for 2 meters.
  • The top shelf contains the business end of my shack. There you will find my tower of scanners (BCT-15X, BCD-996XT, BCD-996P2, and another BCT-15X). I listen to various public service agencies, railroads and aircraft. Then, we have my collection of dual band HTs. And finally, you will find a Pro95, which I use for railfanning and a BCD-396 for general use.

2019-04-16_07-06-04_049.jpeg

Now we have a shot of the computing power. The first machine is a Dell box running Ubuntu 18.04. I use that machine for digital comms and logging. The radio under it is a Kenwood TS-570, which is exclusively for digital comms. Then we have my main workhouse, a 2014 Mac Mini, which I use for general computing and to program my scanners.

2019-04-16_07-02-06_434.jpeg

n3vj

Premium Subscriber
I agree 100% with that statement. BTW, forgot to mention the mobile set up is a Home Patrol 2 and another FT1900.

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
Very impressive! As a State College native myself “Born and raised until 10 years old”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.