Stewart Airshow 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I was debating whether to post this in the Aircraft forum, but I think it is more of a local interest.
The Thunderbirds have arrived in Newburgh at Stewart Airport getting ready for the show Saturday & Sunday.
Many interesting comms now on the Air Show frequencies listed in the database. I am looking forward to being there Saturday, scanners in hand!
Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Paul, were you getting the coms when the Thunderbirds were flying after 3:00PM? I had those freqs, and heard nothing.

paul

Yes, that's when I heard the T'Birds, in AM mode, from about 30 miles north of Stewart. Signals were fairly strong most of the time. Nothing on any of the other T'Bird freqs. in the Radio Reference Database.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I guess I will have to check tomorrow. I was at the show and did not hear a thing. I did hear them on those freqs the other day. Thanks

dgregjones

I also heard the T-Birds on those frequencies.
I was wondering if anyone found the frequency the F-18 Hornet was using. I was searching and stalking the military air bands and found nothing. I know they were using some frequency because they piped his communications over the PA system for everyone to hear.
Thanks in advance.

Tech792

Yesterday after the air show, (2) fighters went down the NJ coast chatting on 333.3 heading south. Lots of sight-seeing chatter. Assuming they came from the show. My buddy saw them fly over Sandy Hook but couldn't ID them.

Status
Not open for further replies.