sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapStar362

ive seen the police stickers, firemen stickers and a new one lately, its blue with two yellow stripes for EMS/Paramedics

llllllllll

hahaha a sticker to get out of ticket or jail thats interesting. Shoot cops down here in FL give other cops tickets. Back i the day Troopers use to pull over Deputies in there personal car write them a ticket, then the SHeriff himself told all deputies if they see a trooper in there Marked car to pull them over in it and write them.

99chevytahoe

actually you can get them in quite a few places that are unrestricted, it is legal to display them on your window (it does not state you are a LEO). And it is not just cops who have them, it is for thei immediate family...and yes you dont get a ticket 98% of the time...they do not want to give tickets to each other, however if you do get caught with one and are not in the the family or a cop, the cop is going to bust you for everything he can, needless to say i am not getting one...however, i am getting the thin red line sicker due to the fact that my brother is a firefighter!

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
llllllllll said:
hahaha a sticker to get out of ticket or jail thats interesting. Shoot cops down here in FL give other cops tickets. Back i the day Troopers use to pull over Deputies in there personal car write them a ticket, then the SHeriff himself told all deputies if they see a trooper in there Marked car to pull them over in it and write them.

...which I'm sure happened every time a deputy saw a trooper. :roll:

Anyway, there's no blanket way that LEO's or civilians are getting out of tickets. It has more to do with the attitude displayed, the infraction, and things of that nature. People from New Jersey who get stopped down here in Virginia love to give LEO's their PBA card when they get stopped. Only one problem with that ... Virginia LE agencies don't have PBA's and could care less about the ones in NJ.

Generally there IS professional courtesy for minor violations, but there are people out there that believe that no one in public safety should ever receive a summons because of their profession. That's simply taking it too far.

Just drive with care and you won't have to worry about your thin blue line sticker getting you out of a ticket or not...:wink:

urtenfifteen

I am not a LEO and have a TBL sticker on my car. I had assumed when I purchased it that it was some sort of "support law enforcement" display and that, perhaps any officers who saw it would consider that as a display of my respect.
Having a good friend who is a Seargent in the county's sheriff's office, I asked him about it and he said it would be allright. I drive responsibly and would never assume that anything other than my good attitude and cooperation during a stop could "get me out of a ticket"
I have been pulled over while it has been on my car. I did get the "are you a law enforcement officer" question, but that was the end of it. He didn't ask, and I felt no need to try to explain who I might know or why I had it on there.
But I can guarantee that if you are in violation, give the officer any kind of attitude or difficulty, and you have a TBL sticker on your car...that sticker will only serve to make your situation much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.